PDA

View Full Version : Special Intro Offer: BYOC Overdrive 2

duhvoodooman
February 10th, 2009, 09:26 AM
BYOC currently has a limited number of the new Overdrive 2 kits available. If I can get two or more orders here in the next day or so, I'll sell 'em for $125 + shipping, which is $10 off what my standard price will be in the future. If you're interested, MOVE FAST. Only 22 in stock as of this morning, though more should be available by next week.

So that everybody knows--if you're interested in the MOSFET conversion, that's extra; the parts don't come with the regular OD2 kit! BYOC doesn't currently have the conversion kits available (he's in the process of switching to a different MOSFET opamp due to voltage spec issues), but I can get the parts from other sources. It's a $10 adder if you want the MOSFET version.

Price quoted is for a fully assembled, tested, painted and decaled pedal. If you want to handle the finishing yourself, knock off $25.

PM me if interested! :rockon:

duhvoodooman
February 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM
UPDATE: Got one buy commitment, just need one more to kick in the $10 discount! C'mon, you know you want one of these!! :poke: :D :rockon:

duhvoodooman
February 11th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I really don't want to see my one buyer lose out on the $10 reduction, so I'll extend the offer to ANY of the BYOC kits--$10 off my usual price (most are in the $115 to $140 range; PM for details) for at least one more pedal kit to add to this order.

duhvoodooman
February 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Like the man says....

Kazz
February 18th, 2009, 05:38 AM
I have a question for you....you may be able to answer and you may not....it is probably subjective.....I have a chance to buy Strums RP350 modelling pedal. My question is....with that RP350 in front of my Peavey Classic 30....should I be able to get similar tones as I would be able to get out of the Vox AD30VT or AD15VT amps?

I had an RP80 and most of the tones were so digital and useless i could not stand it...gave it away to my son....who is into Tom Morello and found alot of his tones in that pedal.

I would hate to spend $135 dollars on a pedal and not be satisfied even a little bit...when I can get the AD30 on ebay for around $150 shipped or brand new for right around 200 at guitar center.

Another questions I have specifically for you is.....that GGG brown sound in a box.....does BYOC have anything like it. How much would either option be (assuming BYOC has one) if you were to build it out and finish it?

Thanks again,

Steve

duhvoodooman
February 18th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Getting a little off topic here, but nobody's taking me up on this anyway, so what the heck....

I really can't give you any definitive answer about that RP350 into your Classic 30. All I'll say is that I personally am not a fan of the digital multi-effects pedals based upon my limited experience with them. I briefly had a Digitech RP-200A and a Boss OD-20 Drive Zone and didn't care for either one. My main complaint was what you mention--I just found most of the tones synthetic and unnatural to my ear. But other people love 'em, so "YMMV" certainly applies. I guess I'm pretty anal about "anal-og"! :D

Re: a BYOC counterpart to the Brown Sound in a Box--yes, they have a Marshall-stack-in-a-pedal kit called the Shredder (http://www.buildyourownclone.com/shredder.html), based upon the '90s-vintage Marshall Shredmaster circuit. I built one recently, and it sounds very good. I've been so busy with other pedal projects/builds lately that I really haven't talked that one up here, but it's a nice pedal that will go from moderate overdrive to flat-out distortion. Quite a broad range of available tones. Three different tone controls (Treble, Bass & Contour) give you much more tone-shaping control than the typical distortion box. Current build price would be $125 for a fully finished pedal, or $100 for assembled & tested but unpainted. Shipping extra.

Here's a pretty good YouTube video I came across featuring this pedal:

Ndm4JG3mQr0