Seven Laws of Woo from Praxis: Transmutation
13th Scroll from Cobra Strike
Saturn from Warsawa
Warcraft from Metatron
Home Run Derby from Bucketheadland
Frozen Brains Tell No Tales from Bucketheadland II
Whitewash from Colma
Binge and Grab from Giant Robot (Sony)
Pretty much everything on Giant Robot (NTT)

Giant Robot is some good stuff

warren0728
February 10th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Giant Robot is some good stuff
it's the only cd i have from buckethead....

tunghaichuan
February 10th, 2009, 05:53 PM
He has two albums called Giant Robot. One was put out by Sony and the other is on the now defunct NTT label.

The NTT version is available free online with Buckethead's blessing. It included so many samples from other sources that he never would be able to re-release it.

The Sony album is available on line and in stores for purchase.

They contain completely different song lists.

tung

just strum
February 10th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Greatest hits? Are we using that term loosely, or has he produced some good music? I honestly don't know, I only know him from youtube and thought of him as no more than a novelty act.

Where is this free download?

tunghaichuan
February 10th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Greatest hits? Are we using that term loosely, or has he produced some good music? I honestly don't know, I only know him from youtube and thought of him as no more than a novelty act.

Buckethead is by far my favorite guitar player. He's definitely a weirdo and the oddball shtick turns a lot of potential fans off, but he can play. It may not be your cup of tea, but the man has chops to spare. A novelty act, he ain't.

Giant Robot NTT is considered by many, including me, to be some of his finest work. Listen to it and judge for yourself. In my experience you either like him, or you don't.

Where is this free download?

http://www.alleyjazz.net/en/GiantRobot.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EI7JCVSS

GR NTT and more downloads:

http://www.buckethead-coop.com/downloads.html

tung

tot_Ou_tard
February 10th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Dang you all, now I need some Buckethead. ;)

tunghaichuan
February 10th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Dang you all, now I need some Buckethead. ;)

Yes, you do. :D :rotflmao:

tung

just strum
February 10th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Buckethead is by far my favorite guitar player. He's definitely a weirdo and the oddball shtick turns a lot of potential fans off, but he can play. It may not be your cup of tea, but the man has chops to spare. A novelty act, he ain't.

Giant Robot NTT is considered by many, including me, to be some of his finest work. Listen to it and judge for yourself. In my experience you either like him, or you don't.

tung

Don't get me wrong, I see or should I say hear the talent. I've seen some stuff of his that certainly impresses me, as I have seen some that make me yawn. The bucket, mask, and whatever I can deal with (I grew up with Bowie, Alice Cooper, and some others). You are right, Buckethead isn't my cup of tea, but I do find him interesting. However, I will have to honestly say that I never caught myself tapping my foot to his music:D

tunghaichuan
February 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Not all of his stuff is good. IMHO, a lot of it is crap. I can't recommend anything that he has done in the last 5 or 6 years. I've stopped buying his solo albums because of this. Most of his more recent stuff sounds rehashed, with almost no effort put into it. I wish he would drop the freakshow shtick, woodshed for a couple of years and come out with some mind blowing material. But he seems content to release the same solo crap over and over, at least for the last few years.

His best stuff, besides the aforementioned GR NTT was done with Praxis: Transmutation, Metatron, Sacrifist, Warsawa, Transmutation Live and Tennessee 2004. There is a new one available only as a Japanese import, but I haven't heard it yet.

More good stuff is Shin Terai and an acoustic shred album with with Jonas Hellborg and Michael Shrieve, Octave of the Holy Innocents. Another good one is Zillatron: Lord of the Harvest with Bootsy Collins. Monsters and Robots is pretty good, too.

He's done some side projects that are good, but with a lot of rough spots namely Cobra Strike, Day of the Robot, Bucketheadland, and Bucketheadland II and Arcana's Arc of Testimony.

Then there is the whole Death Cube K series which are ambient. DCK is an anagram of buckethead.

At last count, I have about 40 of his CDs.

As far as toe tapping music, you're not going to find that in Buckethead's music. :D

tung

Don't get me wrong, I see or should I say hear the talent. I've seen some stuff of his that certainly impresses me, as I have seen some that make me yawn. The bucket, mask, and whatever I can deal with (I grew up with Bowie, Alice Cooper, and some others). You are right, Buckethead isn't my cup of tea, but I do find him interesting. However, I will have to honestly say that I never caught myself tapping my foot to his music:D

just strum
February 10th, 2009, 07:35 PM
He's done some side projects that are good, but with a lot of rough spots namely Cobra Strike, Day of the Robot, Bucketheadland, and Bucketheadland II and Arcana's Arc of Testimony.

Then there is the whole Death Cube K series which are ambient. DCK is an anagram of buckethead.

At last count, I have about 40 of his CDs.

As far as toe tapping music, you're not going to find that in Buckethead's music. :D

tung

Apparently I offended someone, you won't find my post that you quoted in this thread

tot_Ou_tard
February 10th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Apparently I offended someone, you won't find my post that you quoted in this thread
Weird. Where did it go?

tunghaichuan
February 10th, 2009, 07:44 PM
You didn't offend me, Strum. It's perfectly okay with me if you don't like Buckethead's music. Many don't :)

tung

Spudman
February 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM

The intention of the whole Greatest Hits threads are to list good songs by the artist so that people can check them out. Not so that anyone can say how they don't like the artist. If you don't like an artist then don't post. The topic is "greatest hits".

tot_Ou_tard
February 10th, 2009, 07:55 PM
The intention of the whole Greatest Hits threads are to list good songs by the artist so that people can check them out. Not so that anyone can say how they don't like the artist. If you don't like an artist then don't post. The topic is "greatest hits".
I prefer it when Fretters can post whatever they think. We're adults & can handle it. Is it really necessary to delete posts Spud?

just strum
February 10th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Spud,

I didn't slam or put down Buckethead. I asked if he had greatest hits, I stated that I can see the talent, I asked where the download was located.

Nothing more.

Spudman
February 10th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Sorry. My avatar got to me.:)

Suhnton
February 11th, 2009, 03:45 PM
What I really want to know is whether he:

a: Takes that mask and hat off when he records with other people
b: Maintains his anonymity
c: Reveals himself only to other cryptic types (e.g Les Claypool/Primus)

The one thing I really like is his (I'm not too sure what to call it) "early 80's video game" double handed tapping thing he does.

just strum
February 11th, 2009, 04:51 PM
c: Reveals himself only to other cryptic types (e.g Les Claypool/Primus)

If that's the case, he doesn't hang out with KISS.

Suhnton
February 12th, 2009, 04:04 AM
KISS don't have friends, only armies.

Spudman
February 12th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I've listened to Slaughterhouse On the Prairie and it's pretty good. I haven't listened enough to pick any songs to add to the list yet though.