PDA

View Full Version : Richie Blackmore's greatest hits

Spudman
February 10th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Temple of the King has a beautiful slide solo (Rainbow)
Death Alley Driver (Rainbow)
A Gypsy's Kiss (DP)
Anya (DP)
Child In Time (DP)
Burn (DP)
Kill The King (Rainbow)
Knocking At Your Back Door (DP)

msteeln
February 12th, 2009, 07:30 PM
After catching DP MKII in the late 80's here in Honolulu, it would be impossible for me to pick out album faves, as Richie re-wrote the book this particular night, playing way better than I've ever heard him. And when it was time for his lights out solo, he took it even further, within a half step of Hendrix. BAD!
I hope he comes back to the electric some day.

Andy
February 13th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Blackmoore is one of my top 5 alltime favorites.
I've heard alot of people claim that Randy Rhodes brought neoclassical to popularity, they have obviously never heard of Blackmoore (or Uli Roth).

Spudman
February 13th, 2009, 12:54 PM
How about listing some of your favorite Blackmore songs.

Suhnton
February 13th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I was at the supermarket/dept store last Monday and there was a Muzak version of Jealous Lover playing. I've also heard a Muzak version of Kill The King there too. Kill The King was also used here in Japan as the theme song for the ping-pong championships which were held a couple of years ago.

Spudman
February 13th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I was at the supermarket/dept store last Monday and there was a Muzak version of Jealous Lover playing. I've also heard a Muzak version of Kill The King there too. Kill The King was also used here in Japan as the theme song for the ping-pong championships which were held a couple of years ago.

Muzak - Richie Blackmore that just seems wrong...yet kind of cool.:messedup:

Andy
February 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM
How about listing some of your favorite Blackmore songs.

for starters..(lol) anything from Rainbow - Rising. And most of his Deep Purple work, I even like some of the Blackmores Night , much calmer but still very good acoustic work.

(I heard the muzac version of Heart - Barracuda reciently, really strange)

marnold
February 14th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I've always been a fan of "Man on the Silver Mountain." I'm pretty sure that's the first song I ever heard with Dio singing. It's got one of those classic "Smoke on the Water"-type riffs to it. Dio's got a live version where they basically play it in quadruple time. You practically get whiplash listening to it.