PDA

View Full Version : Jam with Gearbox

M29
February 11th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hello,

I played this lead in Gearbox with my Toneport UX1 and a Jay Turser semi hollow body. I don't know where I got the backing track, somewhere off the web. Here is the backing http://www.box.net/shared/nzp43xgfsa

Here it is with my lead. http://www.box.net/shared/l2prkio17j I have been trying to work on my phrasing and keep from running on.

Thanks

M29

hagarfreak33
February 11th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Nice Job- cool track too:beer:

johnboymartin
February 11th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Howdy M29!

This was very good playing. I love your sound, and I really like the sublety of your playing. With this type of rock progression. it is easy to make it an exercise in 64th notes. You can hear and play nicely and melodically with the changes!

Johnboy

just strum
February 11th, 2009, 07:46 PM
M29,

Nice job. You are getting better all the time:AOK:

M29
February 11th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys!
This was a tough one for me to play. I love this type music and would love to be able to do it real well. I have been playing mostly blues stuff and I tried my darnedest to keep from doing to many bends and other blues licks, they just did not seem to fit and I did not have any experience with this style. It sure is fun though when you can feel it and the guitar tone is what you want.

Thanks again all, I really appreciate your time and help.

M

peachhead
February 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Nicely done! and thanks for the BT- I think it's going to be a challenge.

just strum
February 11th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I have been playing mostly blues stuff and I tried my darnedest to keep from doing to many bends...

M

I'm glad you said that. I use a lot of bends (maybe not the greatest) and I find it difficult to not "add them in" regardless of what I try to play. If I put music to a nursery rhyme, it would be loaded with bends. The fact that you are having a difficult time shaking the habit, makes appreciating what you posted that much more impressive.

Now if I could just develop the habit of playing good.

Algonquin
February 12th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I really like that one M. I was sitting here listening and wondering what guitar you were playing and was surprised to see it was a Jay Turser... sounded great!

The backing track is wicked. I'm not sure who it reminds me of, but I'm digging it. I'd like to hear more Fretters take on it. Heck , I'd like to give it a go too.

Thanks for posting. :AOK:
David

M29
February 12th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys.

Yeah that is a tough one. I know there are those here that could make that baby scream! I had fun trying out my new Toneport, messin with different sounds. I think quite a lot of the Gearbox distorted sounds are pretty fizzy. I ended up turning up the drive and turning down the gain. There seems to be a small window where it is still smooth but not so fizzy. Still lots to learn for me though.

Give it a whirl guys I love hearing other takes on these backing tracks.

M

Jimi75
February 13th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Pretty cool schtuff!

oldguy
February 13th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Nice one, M29! Good to hear you playing that Turser, guess that goes to show (once again) semi-hollows ain't just for jazz.:D

sunvalleylaw
February 13th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I finally got around to listening M29, . . . really great! I have never even tried to play anything like that and I am very impressed with what you did. I like how you let it breathe between sentences. I am going to save that backer for future reference.