PDA

View Full Version : A big HELLO from a newbie

skintrade
February 11th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hi all,
Thought i would join up after sumbling across your community only a few days ago.
I have found the site to be a valuable resource for information, especially for a newbie like myself.

I am 38yrs old and have always had a keen interest in music since a young age but never found myself able to proficiently play an instrument.

I spent a couple of years as front man in a six piece band playing clubs in the north of England and always wished I could play guitar rather than just sing.

I have owned guitars for years but have only really started taking it seriously and taking lessons from Sept '08.
I currently own a PRS Navarro and a Fender David Gilmour Relic, amoung others these guys are my fave guitarists. I personally believe that I do not have the talent to justify these nice guitars but I do like to have quality stuff and spent my hard earned savings buying these (sadly no money left).
Also the recent birth of my baby daughter will curb any future spends :D

I am a total "at home" player and do it as a hobby but would like one day to be competent enough to play in front of people.

Thanks for all the info so far

Regards

:rockon:

Robert
February 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Welcome, Skinny! Good to have you board the train!

:wave:

warren0728
February 11th, 2009, 04:51 PM
welcome....i'm also strictly a home player who would like to play out just for fun sometime!! :pancake:

luvmyshiner
February 11th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Welcome aboard!

just strum
February 11th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Same here on the home playing. Welcome to the forum, you will enjoy interacting with the people here.

skintrade
February 11th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Cheers guys, appreciate it :D

sunvalleylaw
February 11th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Welcome!

Gil Janus
February 11th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Welcome aboard TheFret.

Gil :cool:

oldguy
February 12th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Welcome to TheFret, skintrade! Nice guitars.
How did you come by your username?

tot_Ou_tard
February 12th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Welcome to TheFret, skintrade! Nice guitars.
How did you come by your username?
My thoughts exactly. ;)

scgmhawk
February 12th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Welcome and Cheers! :beer:

Brian Krashpad
February 12th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Welcome aboard!

The fact that you're already used to being on stage will be a big help to you when you're ready to guitar in public. Honestly, all 99% of the public can tell is if you hit a really bum note/chord, or don't start/finish at the same time as anyone else playing. Once you can do those things you're pretty much there.

;)

skintrade
February 12th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys............. haha the user name is something from a while back when younger, was a DuranDuran fan in the eighties with styled, tipped hair (u know the works...!! lol ), but now a days the hair is lacking but the tattooed skin means it still kinda fits..... dont hold it against me :D

duhvoodooman
February 12th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Skin. Glad to have you with us! :AOK: :dude: :beer:

peachhead
February 12th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the Fret!! :D