PDA

View Full Version : Checking in from the Rain Forest

sumitomo
February 11th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Hi all Sumi checking in from the rain forest,because its been raining here,but in the 60 degree range.Better than the snow and ice and I am getting to spent alot of time with my daughter,who is getting homesick (me too).Ill talk more later.Sumi:D

ted s
February 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Sumi, where exactly are you ?

sumitomo
February 11th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I am in Ecuador on the east side of the Andes in a town called Puyo.Sumi :D

tjcurtin1
February 11th, 2009, 05:08 PM
SSumi - good to hear from you - I remember you said you were headed sown that way for awhile. I'm kind of amazed you found access on line down there! Hope all is well, and that you don't get moldy...

luvmyshiner
February 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM
What a sweet trip Sumi! Hope you and your daughter are having a great time. Don't forget to post some pics when you get back brother.

Robert
February 11th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Good to hear from you Sumi! Don't that rain into the computer or guitar, please! ;)

just strum
February 11th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Sumi, sounds like a great trip.

Remember, no cutting down trees while you are there.

Hey, it's 60+ degrees here and raining, but snow expected tomorrow.

peachhead
February 11th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Sumi, have a great trip, and be careful. Ought to be some great pics when you get back!

sumitomo
February 12th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I'll have alot of pics for yall.Last Mon was the best day so far we went to Tena and its a paved road now last time it was like a river bed so it was a nice ride and it can get hot and humid there but it was in the 70's and there was a push car race through the town and we went to a pool cost 2 dollars it had a nice pool and a steam room and a pool with a water slide my daughter wore me out on that water slide come on dad lets go some more sorry but 50 times is my limit.Today I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned cost 15 dollars and I bought 2 watermelons 5 bucks food is cheap and good here.One thing though my knee went out with this damp weather had to go to the hospitial,blood test ect medicine cost 50 dollars that was alot cause it was the english speaking hospitial,they don't speak english here.Sumi:D

warren0728
February 12th, 2009, 01:05 PM
sounds like a great time sumi....looking forward to more updates and of course the pics!!

sumitomo
March 2nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Well daughter and I made it back and I'll tell ya dont use Copa airlines they messed us up on the way down and back I hope I get my luggage,but I was smart and took the chip out of the camera.I brought back a Charango and I like it,pretty cool sounding.Carnival was way cool dousing people with buckets of water and no one getting really mad was way cool haven't had that much fun since high school,but had to be careful people were throwing cow poop and used motor oil.Well more to come I need to call the airport to see about those bags.Sumi:D

bigoldron
March 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Welcome home, Sumi! Glad to have you back!

Spudman
March 2nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
I hope we get to see some of your photos. Welcome back too.

sumitomo
May 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/mrsumitomo/CopyofEcuador2009508.jpg

Learning about photobucket(hey I finally learned how to post a photo)I think of all the pics I took in Ecuador this one was the best,I was just walking down the street.Sumi:D more to come