PDA

View Full Version : Big Band loose era type piece

333maxwell
February 11th, 2009, 05:16 PM
My machine maxed out before I was able to edit this one correctly, too much information on this one for
my ancient laptop to handle so I will be doing the tedious job of loading the nearly 2 gb's of files for this
song and my daw onto another machine.. I want to share it in this state so I can get ideas before I do final mixing anyways.

The only fake instruments in this one are a vst piano and a vst trumpet.

I know it needs a lot of work still, but I am pretty proud of it so far, it has indeed been a lot of work
for this hack to try and even get it to work..

Along with my face being sore from blowing more horns yesterday than I should of, I am real happy with
the bass line recorded real time all the way through with absolutly no editing.

I'd like to hear any thoughts... I know it needs tightening up and some re-instrumentation, but then again
don't we all.

Hip Hop (big band)
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7329015&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7329015&q=hi

Peace!

johnboymartin
February 11th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Hi Maxwell!

I think you have done a great job! I love the play in the title and lyrics. It sounds like it is basically an instrumental with incidental lyrics. I couldn't tell you how to play better woodwinds, I know that they are excellent.

I think the only potential area I could tell you to make it different was to expand the lyric and make it mean something more than just the play between title and style. Maybe you could sample hip hop and use it for your swing tune? That would be bass ackwards and different.

I thought a rip roaring rock guitar solo as the solo of all solos might be different as well.

That's all I got! Excellent work. Nice pre-mix! Good balance and dynamics.

Johnboy

333maxwell
February 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Maxwell!

I think you have done a great job! I love the play in the title and lyrics. It sounds like it is basically an instrumental with incidental lyrics. I couldn't tell you how to play better woodwinds, I know that they are excellent.

I think the only potential area I could tell you to make it different was to expand the lyric and make it mean something more than just the play between title and style. Maybe you could sample hip hop and use it for your swing tune? That would be bass ackwards and different.

I thought a rip roaring rock guitar solo as the solo of all solos might be different as well.

That's all I got! Excellent work. Nice pre-mix! Good balance and dynamics.

Johnboy

Funny you should mention that.. the actual piee before being excepted is 5:30 minutes long, with the middle being specificly designed for a rap (which is in the works by someone who actualy does that type of vocal play).. the rap will be about 'modern times being in mesh with a time long gone' and I intended on following that up with about 30 seconds of an overblown Eddie Van Halen style guitar solo..

You have read my mind to a tee on this one..

I appreciate the thoughts.. i'll be excited to share the master with you once finished..

333maxwell
February 18th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I've totaly remixed this one.. unfortunatly I had to introduce some more VST horns which is counter to the original idea of my having all real horns.. still, more are real than not..

I would like to hear any feedback from those who heard the original as if I am heading in a better direction, or if I have ruined the integrity of the very organic original offering..

Any thoughts if you can find the time would be very beneficial as this is very much a work still in progress.. and I am a bit out of my range of having a clue what I am doing with this type of music.

Thanks