PDA

View Full Version : Inside You ( Guitar Rock)

johnboymartin
February 11th, 2009, 07:59 PM
About a girl who was more together than me, and she let me marry her. How lucky can a guy get?

Johnboy

http://www.box.net/shared/440cqd3i84

helliott
February 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Good tune. Liked the blending of acoustic and crunchy electric. Nice vocals, too. Just an all round nice piece of songwriting, recording and performing.

street music
February 15th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Very nice piece of recording, I like it.

tjcurtin1
February 15th, 2009, 08:44 PM
+1 Very nicely written and produced, good hooks and musical ideas. Way to go!

Suhnton
February 15th, 2009, 09:20 PM
That's cool. Very strong voice, kind of like Ed Kowalcyk from Live. Very nice production too. What application did you use to record it with?

johnboymartin
February 15th, 2009, 11:01 PM
It is just plain cool to have such a bunch of talented guys appreciate what you do!

This is Pro Tools LE. Just a nice G5, and a fantastic producer. Larry Pester is my guy. He helps me get what I hear and he hears out of the songs. I am so fortunate. I write and record acoustic and voice, then we re-record acoustic. Then voice again. Then he adds bass and drums and we both work on electrics or his keyboard stuff. I add harmonies, he mixes and masters, and we're done. There's quite a bit of back and forth, and we get along well.

If anyone ever wants help, he can give you a national mix, no problem. Larry is the band in most cases. He writes jingles from Saudi Arabia Airlines to Roland Martin and Orlando Wilson, and BK and Mcd's. You probably heard his stuff before on your TV somewhere.

thanks again,

Johnboy

SuperSwede
February 16th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Very cool song and the production is great!

M29
February 16th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Great sound Johnboy well done indeed:rockon:

M29

FrankAxtell
February 16th, 2009, 11:41 AM
very nice tune!