PDA

View Full Version : Parker guitar copy?

Steffe1973
February 12th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Hi!
Does anyone know were I can get a good copy of the nice looking Parker guitar? I just love the shape of it. I know that the original is quite expencive,
so I would like to buy a good copy of it instead.

Steffe

Rocket
February 12th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Which Parker?
Shape?... You're basing a guitar choice on just shape?
Why not just get a Parker... they're not outrageously priced. You can pick up a P-42 for around $450 at zZounds.

Kazz
February 12th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Does Zzsounds ship to Sweden?

Rocket
February 12th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Does Zzsounds ship to Sweden?
No.
The point is, Parker P-42 is not outrageously priced. I'm sure it can be found elsewhere in the world.

markb
February 12th, 2009, 02:54 PM
The Parker P series is the cheaper line. The P44 (http://www.parkerguitars.com/code/models/models_pseries_p44_intro.asp) seems to capture the original concept best.
I've never seen a Parker copy.

tunghaichuan
February 12th, 2009, 03:06 PM
The Parker P series is the cheaper line. The P44 (http://www.parkerguitars.com/code/models/models_pseries_p44_intro.asp) seems to capture the original concept best.
I've never seen a Parker copy.

I tried out the P36 at my local Best Buy. It was a nicely finished guitar and played well: no string buzz. It sounded good, too with the Tele-style pickups. However, the pickguard was starting to warp. WTF? There was at least a 1/4" gap where the pickguard started to bow upwards.

tung

Rocket
February 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Keep in mind that Parker is under the same U.S. Music umbrella as Washburn.

tunghaichuan
February 12th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Keep in mind that Parker is under the same U.S. Music umbrella as Washburn.

I didn't know that, it explains a lot. Thanks for the heads up.

tung

oldguy
February 12th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Maybe the pickguard hadn't fully cured yet???????????

:D :D :D

marnold
February 12th, 2009, 06:38 PM
That's why I insist on old growth or NOS pearloid. I remember back in my youth touring the old pearloid farms of West Virginia. Of course, that was before the great pearloid famine of '71.

Rocket
February 12th, 2009, 08:02 PM
That's why I insist on old growth or NOS pearloid. I remember back in my youth touring the old pearloid farms of West Virginia. Of course, that was before the great pearloid famine of '71.
All you'll get with cheap guitars these days is MOTS (Mother of Toilet Seat).

Steffe1973
February 13th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Which Parker?
Shape?... You're basing a guitar choice on just shape?
Why not just get a Parker... they're not outrageously priced. You can pick up a P-42 for around $450 at zZounds.

I see your point, but I was wondering if there´s a manufacturer that makes a good copy of the Parker Guitars similar to Epiphone or Squier that cost about 250-350$ or so. It´s not that I want to by crap or anything, I just want to buy a cheap nice looking guitar to my collection and maybe after a while start to upgrade it with new mics or tuners etc. etc.