PDA

View Full Version : "Alternative Pop"

Suhnton
February 12th, 2009, 08:23 AM
This is something I put together in Sony Music Studio. It's a bit rough especially my voice, but you get the general idea. It has 4 guitar tracks (2 JTM45's and 2 Matchless). I used my Epi SG for all tracks. There's no bass because well I didn't think it was required. I'm not much of a fan of solos (sacrilege yes I know) so none of that virtuosic stuff either. Please consult your physician before consumption.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=915690&songID=7319683

Spudman
February 12th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I really like this. On my PC speakers the voice is pretty dim but on the studio monitors it sounds great. I enhanced it with a little bass. I hope you don't mind. It's an incredibly infectious song and a great melody and thoughtful lyrics. Very nice. http://www.box.net/shared/9j8x1e10t5

Spudman
February 12th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Suhnton

I really, really like your voice on this.

Suhnton
February 13th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Thanks very much Spudman for the encouragement. I've always had a complex abut not only my singing voice, but regular speaking voice as well. As for the recording itself, your version is much better than mine, do you mind if I use it?

Spudman
February 13th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks very much Spudman for the encouragement. I've always had a complex abut not only my singing voice, but regular speaking voice as well. As for the recording itself, your version is much better than mine, do you mind if I use it?

It's your tune mate. Thanks for not killing me for adding the bass. ;)
As for the voice...it sounds right on to me. I think it's very unique and likable.

M29
February 13th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Nice work Suhnton:AOK: Shed that complex that sounded good:rockon:

M

sunvalleylaw
February 13th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I like that an awful lot, it reminds me of some sounds I really loved and haven't heard for a long while.

helliott
February 13th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Great tune, and nice enhancements. EQ the vocals and post again, please. Love the structure, melody and punch of the song.

oldguy
February 14th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Great job, Suhnton!
Nothing wrong with your voice at all, fits the song quite well.
The music is very nice also.

Katastrophe
February 14th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Very nice! Your voice sounds great, and I dig your playing. Can't go wrong with a good melody!

Please post more when you get the chance.:AOK: :bravo:

Suhnton
February 14th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Great tune, and nice enhancements. EQ the vocals and post again, please. Love the structure, melody and punch of the song.

Thanks helliot. The problem I have is that I'm not too sure what I should be doing production-wise, and where-what-how I should go about EQing stuff. I keep looking at the screen hoping to find a "sweet sound" button :thwap: I

I have a few other things I've recorded at various stages of (in)completion. The one I should finish is the song I promised I'd record for my wife (but haven't yet done vocals on) :thwap: again

just strum
February 14th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Suhnton, I like it a lot. It definitely is a radio song that catches you right out of the gate. I am in agreement with Spud on the voice, I like the sound of your voice. Your voice has some uniqueness to it without overpowering the song. Even if you do a remix, the voice should blend in nicely with the music.

Great job.

johnboymartin
February 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Howdy Suhnton!

I listened to this yesterday and again today. I have to tell you I would like to hear more of what you write!

The bass part was very nice! Way to go Spudman!

You have great potential. This reminds me just a little of L'Arc-en-Ciel. It sounds like you wrote a song for him. Asian flavor to the electric. very cool. A pseudo Bowie kindalow range vocal. Keep going with it!

The Sweet button is right beside the Shimmer button!

The only thing I could suggest, is a bigger differentiation between verse and chorus. You got something good going on, let me know if you ever need help!

blessings,

Johnboy

aeolian
February 16th, 2009, 10:30 PM
This is a great song!

I hate comparing people's song to known artist because that implies that you are copying someone, all I want to say is that this gives out that Simple Minds kind of vibe, but different and very well done.

GREENMACHINE
February 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Wow, this sounds amaizing!!!! The only thing I would do is turn the voice up a little, I can hear some of the words your saying but not others. Other than that the tune is fantastic! I agree with what somebody said about it being a great song for radio!

Great job man.

Suhnton
February 17th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Hey GREENMACHINE, I guess you couldn't tell from my voice I'm a fellow NZer (living in Japan). Cheers.

GREENMACHINE
February 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hey GREENMACHINE, I guess you couldn't tell from my voice I'm a fellow NZer (living in Japan). Cheers.
Awesome man, where abouts do you come from in New Zealand?
I come from Dunedin.

Suhnton
February 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I'm originally from Auckland.
Is Flying Nun still operating in Dunedin? Some pretty good bands came out of that label (The Chills, The Clean, The 3-D's, The Straightjacket Fits, The JPSE - see the common theme here :) )

GREENMACHINE
February 19th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I'm originally from Auckland.
Is Flying Nun still operating in Dunedin? Some pretty good bands came out of that label (The Chills, The Clean, The 3-D's, The Straightjacket Fits, The JPSE - see the common theme here :) )
Hey man,
Cool dude! Yeah, I think the Flying Nun is still operating here, I haven't heard of those other bands though, although they do sound interesting lol.