PDA

View Full Version : Joaquin Phoenix

piebaldpython
February 12th, 2009, 04:22 PM
What a great actor he is. Starred in lots of good movies, did the Johnny Cash bio-pic to stellar reviews.

So, he was on David Letterman last nite......it was beyond PAINFUL......he hardly said one sentence........just one or two word responses....it was worse than pulling teeth.....Letterman tried everything to get him to talk.......kissed his butt, etc, and still nothing.....it was though he was in a drunken/drug induced stupor.....well, that's how he looked and acted.....finally, Letterman had enough and shot him a look that said, "...what the heck are doing on this show if you aren't going to talk?".....AMAZING, in that BAD train wreck sort of way. :confused:

Robert
February 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM
What was wrong with Phoenix? Why did he behave like that?

Algonquin
February 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Not your average interview for sure...
lG-M1CWskeQ

They end the interview nicely with both shaking hands. I just think back when Jimmy Kimmel has a stick going with Matt Damon. Matt then did a great video with Sarah Silverman who was Jimmy's girlfriend at the time... I won't be posting that clip though. But feel free to search it out :AOK:

Blaze
February 12th, 2009, 05:14 PM
What was wrong with Phoenix? Why did he behave like that?

Might get into futur character space of mind , i dont know , i saw that last night it was weird..

R_of_G
February 12th, 2009, 05:18 PM
It's not the first time. Joaquin Phoneix has a history of being a bit odd in his talk-show appearances. Not quite Crispin Glover, but pretty close.

snoglobe
February 12th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Letterman's best line was at the end when he turns and says

"Joaquin, I'm sorry you couldn't be here tonight."

Algonquin
February 12th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Letterman's best line was at the end when he turns and says
"Joaquin, I'm sorry you couldn't be here tonight."
That was great wasn't it... Joaquin cracked a smile on that line.
Interviews like this are good for business as they get people talking about the show and such.

The only bad press, is no press.

evenkeel
February 12th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Great actor, Walk the Line was terrific. But, this is self indulgent, nonsense.

If Joaquin had to actually work for a living he'd never get away with this kind of nonsense.

just strum
February 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM
My impression is it was a planned goof and Letterman knew before hand what was going to take place.

I vaguely recall an interview (maybe on Johnny Carson) where George Carlin never spoke a word. I thought that was Carlin's lousiest performance, but he was the experimenter.

I have never seen River perform, but I thought the interview was funny.

oldguy
February 12th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I dunno........maybe he agreed to be on the show, but not to be laughed at for 10 minutes. Letterman pokes fun at everyone, and most are good natured about it, but some may not think it's that funny.

Strummy, River's dead, that was his brother.

Blaze
February 12th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Just found these Letterman s classics :

11T_-k7ckrg&eurl

NloYrP-SLBA&eurl

NUmojv8Ui9g&eurl

just strum
February 12th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I dunno........maybe he agreed to be on the show, but not to be laughed at for 10 minutes. Letterman pokes fun at everyone, and most are good natured about it, but some may not think it's that funny.

Strummy, River's dead, that was his brother.

I meant Phoenix.

I don't know one actor from the next. If you would have shown me a picture of him from the movie clip, I would have no clue who he is. If he's leaving acting, forget music, be a stand-up comedian.

I'll stick with a planned interview and everyone was in on it or at least Letterman.

Tone2TheBone
February 12th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I think it's just a publicity stunt. As was Britney's backslide and "comeback". I LMAO when I watched JP on Letterman. That's some sick sheeeit.

mrmudcat
February 13th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Thw whole wrestiling thing was a made up skit

Jimi75
February 13th, 2009, 07:22 AM
I thought Joaquin is a rapper right now and doesn't do movies anymore.
Maybe he needs some though guy image right now.

Bloozcat
February 13th, 2009, 07:33 AM
He said that he's quitting acting and is going to be a rapper full time...which means that he hasn't quite hit the bottom yet...:whatever:

Blaze
February 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Joaquin falling more & more

7F_Ikksg40U