PDA

View Full Version : What's your ringtone?

Jimi75
February 13th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Which ringtone do you have on your mobile?
Currently, I have a normal *rin-ring*, but I am thinking of changing it to a little *wah-wah* called Voodoo Child Slight Return :rotflmao:

Gil Janus
February 13th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I use Friend Of The Devil by The Grateful Dead for family members and close friends - everyone else gets some ring, ring that came with the phone.

Gil :cool:

mcgreggor57
February 13th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Casting Crown's "If We Are the Body".

R_of_G
February 13th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Depends on who's calling...

For my wife it's Jimi's "Little Wing" (her fav song)
For my friend Steve it's the theme to Curb Your Enthusiasm (his fav show)
For my mom it's Paul Simon's "Mother & Child Reunion"
For pretty much everyone else it's the Monty Python theme music

warren0728
February 13th, 2009, 07:44 AM
mine sounds like an old-fashioned telephone....

Bloozcat
February 13th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Which ringtone do you have on your mobile?
Currently, I have a normal *rin-ring*, but I am thinking of changing it to a little *wah-wah* called Voodoo Child Slight Return :rotflmao:

Funny you mention that Jimi...

I've got a straight forward ring tone now, but I've been thinking about switching to the Wah part from Voodoo Chile also. It would be great to break-up a typically boring meeting at work with that...:D

Wouldn't be that unique, though. Many a meeting has been interupted by the Boss' phone going off to ZZ Top's La Grange.

Robert
February 13th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I have Michael Landau riff, and a police car chase call.

marnold
February 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Mine is the in-between-levels music from the original Doom.

Tynee
February 13th, 2009, 09:57 AM
My 1 year old laughing. It makes me smile every time the phone rings. Anybody wanna give me a call?

sunvalleylaw
February 13th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Mine is a stock iPhone ringtone called "Strum" that is a bluegrassy sounding, acoustic strum, as the name would imply.

Cottonwood King
February 13th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Mine: "Is there a ghost" by Band of Horses. Good stuff.

For those who have never heard:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JK716RqoUms&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JK716RqoUms&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

R_of_G
February 13th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Mine is the in-between-levels music from the original Doom.

Nice! If I heard that somewhere I would laugh my butt off.

On my old phone I had the Benny Hill theme music which always got a laugh or two when it would go off.

Spudman
February 13th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Currently, I have a normal *rin-ring*,

Same here. I don't notice melodic tones because of my hearing loss but I can certainly hear that annoying constant ringing of the regular type. I've tried changing it but it never works.

SuperSwede
February 13th, 2009, 04:03 PM
...the original windows mobile ringtone ;)

I´m just too lazy to change!

BluesHowler
February 13th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Mine is "Black Betty" by Ram Jam.

just strum
February 13th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Usually vibrate, but old style phone set on low.

I find phone ringing annoying. Whether land phone or cell phone, a ringing phone is annoying.

Edit: I might add that a girl where I use to work gave me a ring tone that is a persons voice (annoying voice) that starts out somewhat soft going "ring, ring" and increases in volume and anger if you don't answer the phone. My two kids and my wife love it, so they all have it installed. I am my own worse enemy.

ted s
February 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I can't seem to be able to get ring tones into my phone, what's the trick ? It's a new samsung.

just strum
February 13th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I can't seem to be able to get ring tones into my phone, what's the trick ? It's a new samsung.

Does it have a Tunes and Tone screen? Usually you will see - get new ringtones.

bigoldron
February 13th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I had "Smoke on the Water", then I had "Voodoo Child" for a while, now I'm using dc Talk's "Jesus Freak". On my old phone, I had Casting Crown's "What If His People Played" and some others. I change them about as often as I change my avatar... :D

Rocket
February 13th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I lived without a cell phone until last summer when the wife & I hooked up with a 2-phone plan. I leave mine turned off because it took about 10 missed calls to figure out how to answer it. All I get is phone spam anyway. It has a battery life of 20-minutes... It's an awful, useless thing!
I'm sure I could live just fine with no phone at all.

just strum
February 14th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I lived without a cell phone until last summer when the wife & I hooked up with a 2-phone plan. I leave mine turned off because it took about 10 missed calls to figure out how to answer it. All I get is phone spam anyway. It has a battery life of 20-minutes... It's an awful, useless thing!
I'm sure I could live just fine with no phone at all.

I would say for the first six years I would leave mine off except to make a call (about once every two months). My battery charge lasts about 3 to 5 days with very moderate calls and text.

I've now been with Verizon for at least 12 to 14 years (based on number of old phones laying around) and I've never have received phone spam and in the last 3 or 4 years I've had only maybe two dropped calls.

I went from never having it on, to turning around and going back home if I forgot my phone when I leave the house.

Rocket
February 14th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I received 2 spams before I got the thing home from the store!

Katastrophe
February 14th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I have the "Oompa Loompa" song for my main ringtone. I have parts of "Enter Sandman," "Mr. Scary," "Back in Black" and others for individual ringtones.

Bloozcat
February 14th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Mine's actually a work issued phone (since 2004), so I have the use of it 24/7 without having to pay for it. Those of us with issued phones have a pretty generous number of minutes, and since I'm never close to exhausting them I have no problems.

I never had a cell before that but I've grown so used to it that I can't see ever being without one. It can be annoying like wearing a leash, but it can be awfully handy, especially in emergencies.

oldguy
February 14th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Mine's set to "ring-ring", and on the loud setting for when I'm at the jobsite working. During wintertime weather-related temporary layoff, when I get to be home, I shut it off.

Tim
February 14th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I have different ring tones for everyone. I used Audacity to capture the part of the song I like. My wife likes Elvis so I have "Calling Elvis" by Dire Straits for her ring tone.

R.B. Huckleberry
February 14th, 2009, 07:39 AM
"Eruption" by Van Halen for incoming calls.

"The Star Spangled Banner" by Hendrix for incoming text messages.