PDA

View Full Version : Blues with Toneport

M29
February 13th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Hello,

Well I have been messin with the Toneport again and came up with this lead on a blues backing track.

http://webpages.charter.net/tankm4/BeckBlues2.mp3

The backing track is listed as Beck Style Blues. Here it is

http://webpages.charter.net/tankm4/JeffBeck_Style_Blues.mp3

For some reason I could not upload into Box.Net today.

M

birv2
February 13th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Nice!

What amp model, etc. are you using?

M29
February 13th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks birv2!

Here is a pic of the model. It is kind of gritty for rhythm but has a pretty good sting on a lead. I am still messing with this thing and it is really fun. I see I have the cab set on a 4x10. I don't know how that happened I usually set it for a 4x12. I thought I had the stomp box on but I guess not. This was played with my Epi LP with Dimarzio classic PAF pickups.
I am surprised how different it sounds when it is mixed in with the backing track. Kind of like a real stage situation.
http://webpages.charter.net/tankm4/toneportblues.jpg

Thanks again.

M

sunvalleylaw
February 13th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Another nice one M! I like your expressiveness and your vibrato, and the way you are getting into or starting the phrases. I like the Bassman model a lot, and it is the one I typically use.

M29
February 13th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Thank you for the kind words Steve! This is in C and I just picked up leading off from my first finger on the G string 8th fret to the second finger G string on the 9th fret. Typical blues but I have been missing that and it really is opening things up for me. I have been a bit depressed as I have not been able to do a very convincing blues but I think this is helping. Now to keep those sour notes out of there:D

Thanks again Steve, much appreciated.

M

GREENMACHINE
February 16th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Hey M,
Wow, this sounds awesome. I like your expression! The sound reminds me of B.B. King and your playing does in places too.

Thanks for sharing!

M29
February 16th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks GREENMACHINE I really appreciate the thumbs up.

GREENMACHINE
February 16th, 2009, 06:07 PM
No probs M, your vibrato is awesome man!

tjcurtin1
February 17th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Nice playing, M29 - thanks for posting!

aeolian
February 17th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Great picking and very authentic humbucker sound! Nice ear candy!

M29
February 20th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Thank you for the kind words guys!

M

baldgit
March 5th, 2009, 09:02 AM
more!!!!

M29
March 5th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks baldgit, I am workin on sum:D

Blaze
March 5th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Nice playin there M29 , tell me more about the Toneport software , is it a kind of Cubase guitar_rig one ..

M29
March 5th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks Blazes. Don't know a whole lot about Toneport yet. Others here will. The Toneport is a USB interface to bring the guitar or mic into the computer. It comes with Gearbox modeling software. Not sure how it compares to Cubase or Guitar Rig, similar I think. I really like it I am using it alot. I especially like it when I cannot play loud and that is most of the time. With this setup I can jam all hours of the night with all kinds of different amp and speaker setups.
It merges with Audacity well too. I do have a problem getting the headphones to work on both. I have to play the audacity tracks through the speakers and listen to the guitar in the headphones. I can't do both in the headphones, which is what I would like. If any one has a tip on how to get both in the headphones I would be interested in hearing how.

M

Algonquin
March 11th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Sounds great M :AOK: The Toneport is a really handy device for getting some computer recording done isn't it. I can't say I used the recording software it came with though, I gave up and used Audacity the few times I've made recordings.

Cheers :beer:

guitartango
March 12th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Toneport is a great piece of software, i tend to use it for recording mic's as it has around 10 presets for Mic amps. The only thing i dont like about it is the effects which can sound a little digital (big Muff). Also you cannot add two stomp boxes together so if you wanted the Big Muff and the Rat this cannot be done.