PDA

View Full Version : Andy Timmons

M29
February 13th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I don't think Andy Timmons gets much exposure but he should. Sorry if this has already been posted, a little of this never hurts. Man that Boogie sounds good. The name of the song is The Prayer The Answer. Oh wait it says that in the beginning:thwap:

M

-CDklxuTS0E&feature=related

marnold
February 13th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I really enjoy his playing, at least in the post-Danger Danger days.

oldguy
February 14th, 2009, 08:54 AM
:beer: Sweet stuff, thanks, M29!

M29
February 14th, 2009, 09:02 AM
With so many new amps out you don't hear much about the Boogies anymore.

I am going to pickup some Andy's music, I really like his sound and playing.

You are welcome guys.

I will have to look into the post and pre Danger Danger days. Thanks marnold.

M

marnold
February 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I've got his album "Resolution" that has "The Prayer/The Answer" on it. Check it out.

M29
February 14th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks Rev!

M

Carlström
February 17th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Timmons is fantastic!

Jimi75
February 18th, 2009, 09:46 AM
WHAT THE F***....! You dare to post a Timmons video?

:bravo:
:master:
:beer:

Timmons is awesome and unfortunately very underrated.

Thanks for posting.

:AOK:

johnboymartin
February 18th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks for posting this!

What a beautiful piece. I am impressed with the subtlety of what he is doing. I am sure the equipment is fine. However, the ability of Andy to use dynamics, tone, and phrasing so seamlessly, is what sets this apart. Thanks again!!

I will have to get the albums and investigate his history!

Johnboy

Spudman
February 18th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Timmons is awesome and unfortunately very underrated.

Thanks for posting.

:AOK:

I don't think he's really underrated, but more like not as well known as he should be. Everyone I know ranks him highly cause he's friggin awesome!:master:

I don't think you can really be underrated and have your owns signature guitar line from one of the worlds largest guitar companies either. But I know what you meant.:beer: I would love to get my hands on his guitar with the maple fretboard. I wish Ibanez made them that way instead of the rosewood.

marnold
February 18th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Hmm. I didn't realize he had a sig guitar. Irrelevant really because I'm sure it's out of my price range.

On a semi-related note, Ibanez just released a new RG with a maple fretboard so there's hope anyway.

Update: who needs hope when there is reality (http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/Series-at). They must've heard you, Spudly.

Riley
February 18th, 2009, 01:47 PM
One of my favorite players! 8)

Spudman
February 18th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Hmm. I didn't realize he had a sig guitar. Irrelevant really because I'm sure it's out of my price range.

On a semi-related note, Ibanez just released a new RG with a maple fretboard so there's hope anyway.

Update: who needs hope when there is reality (http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/Series-at). They must've heard you, Spudly.

Woa! That's awesome...and yes not only are they out of your price range but mine as well. Maybe someday.:pancake: