PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th

just strum
February 13th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I took a good beating today at work for the first time. The COO asked me if I was still happy with my decision to join the company and I replied "You are going to have to dish out a lot more sh** to make me reconsider"

I didn't realize the date until I signed on the forum 20 minutes ago, so I guess I may have made it through the superstitious day. The rough day wasn't even anticipated, so that's as close as I can get to bad luck. Unless you count no one sending me a Blackheart Little Giant.

Anyone get hit with something we can humorously tie to Friday the 13th?

M29
February 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I tinkled my pants

Robert
February 13th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I found this interesting read:

This will come as no surprise to worshippers of the Norse pagan goddess Frigga, but today is Friday the 13th, and people who suffer from a fear of calendrical calamity on this day are known as friggatriskaidekaphobes.

That alone might be a reason to spend the rest of the day in bed, but this Friday the 13th is only the frigga'n beginning of the bad news.

As if the year weren't already off to a painful enough start — with the economy in ruins, post-partisan politics in a postpartum depression, and pitchers and catchers set to report for their first human growth hormone shots of the season — 2009 is shaping up as the unluckiest year in more than a decade. Following February's freaky Friday the 13th comes another one in March. And then again in November!

The last time there were three Friday the 13ths in one year was 1998, and the triple witching won't occur again until 2015. By which time your 401(k) may actually be back where it was in the Carter administration.

Statistically, this year is off the charts. And not in a good way. During an average 400-year calendar cycle, in any given year there should be only 1.72 occurrences of the 13th of a month falling on Friday.

Friday was named for Frigga, who apparently prepared for the weekend by hosting a party on that day for 11 of her closest witch friends and the devil — 13 evil spirits in all, and that's not counting the vodka.

just strum
February 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I tinkled my pants

Well, I was looking for something more out of the ordinary.:D

just strum
February 13th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I found this interesting read:

I never heard of that before, but I must be a unknowing believer, because I said Frigga a lot today. What the frigga is a matter with this? What the frigga is going on here? When is the supplier going to ship the frigga parts?

Robert
February 13th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Frigga unbelievable. :D

oldguy
February 13th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I'm gonna go to the friggarator and grab a beer.....you guys carry on........... :messedup: :rolleyes: :munch:

just strum
February 13th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Frigga unbelievable. :D

Words spoken upon hearing the first chord to come through the Marshall.

Bloozcat
February 13th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I ain't superstitious, black cat crossed my path...

It was actually a great day for me, but every day is what you make of it, isn't it?

It's Friday, I have a three day weekend...ok, isn't that a good thing...?

ETA: Oh yeah, and I'm on my second glass of a nice Cabernet/Shiraz blend...life's good...:AOK:

just strum
February 13th, 2009, 06:17 PM
ETA: Oh yeah, and I'm on my second glass of a nice Cabernet/Shiraz blend...life's good...:AOK:

Let's be sure the people have an understanding of your glass.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/wine-glass-xl.jpg

Bloozcat
February 13th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Cheers!

Same wine I'm drinking too...:AOK:

http://www.vat19.com/webimages/covers/large/bottle-of-wine-glass.jpg