PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes . . . I'm an idiot

luvmyshiner
February 14th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I'd love to give y'all a great story about how I got in a bar fight defending CB's honor or something. Truth is, we have an antique coffee table that needed some work on the legs. It was my project for today. I turned it upside down, and was trying to straighten a leg so I could reglue it, when it broke off. It took a quarter inch gash out of my lip.:thwap: It doesn't hurt much, but I'm not looking forward to explaining how this happened for a week.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/P2140001.jpg

markb
February 14th, 2009, 05:54 PM
The appropriate phrase here is "you should see the other guy" :)

Of course when the other guy's a coffee table...

just strum
February 14th, 2009, 05:57 PM
The appropriate phrase here is "you should see the other guy" :)

Of course when the other guy's a coffee table...

or "I told her I wasn't going to wash the dishes"

oldguy
February 14th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Nice, clear photo.........what kind of camera do you have?

:D

(Ouch! If I were you, I'd have a beer and forget about the table for now.):)

luvmyshiner
February 14th, 2009, 06:10 PM
or "I told her I wasn't going to wash the dishes"

That's closer to the truth! She's still upset with me over my post in the "other" thread.:D

Thanks Oldguy, it's an old Olympus Camedia C-3000 zoom set on macro. I've had it about 10 years, and I really need to get a new one. The software has never worked very well, and it's proprietary which prevents me from using the standard Microsoft drivers. But I paid way too much for it so I'm reluctant to let it go.

R_of_G
February 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM
It doesn't hurt much, but I'm not looking forward to explaining how this happened for a week.

Might I suggest ... "my attorney advised me not to answer that question"? :rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
February 14th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Shiner, I have to say, you post the ugliest pics on the Fret! :AOK: I couldn't find the pics from that one night when you stuck your tuners up your nose, but you know what I mean! :beer: :D

just strum
February 14th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Shiner, I have to say, you post the ugliest pics on the Fret! :AOK: I couldn't find the pics from that one night when you stuck your tuners up your nose, but you know what I mean! :beer: :D

Part of my photobucket "Shiner Collection"

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/z3.jpg

luvmyshiner
February 14th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I can always count on Strummy to remind me of the stupid things I've done after many drinks.:beer:

just strum
February 14th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I can always count on Strummy to remind me of the stupid things I've done after many drinks.:beer:

I'm here for ya.

Childbride
February 14th, 2009, 06:58 PM
he was stone cold sober when he attacked the table.

but these pics make me wonder why he never shaves before he does stunts like this...

just strum
February 14th, 2009, 07:06 PM

but these pics make me wonder why he never shaves before he does stunts like this...

It's a weekend thing. All of us big strappin lads don't shave on weekends.

Robert
February 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Didn't the table get upset? It might poke you in the back, late one evening, when you least expect it... so you better have your camera ready at all times!

luvmyshiner
February 14th, 2009, 07:35 PM
It's a weekend thing. All of us big strappin lads don't shave on weekends.

I keep telling her, it's a rule of the brotherhood, we don't have to shave if we're not going to work.:beer:

Good point, Robert, I'll keep my eyes open for a pissed off table missing a leg who is looking for revenge (I think I have my reoccurring nightmare material for the next month now:messedup: ).

TS808
February 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM

The problem is, no matter how many times we shave, it just keeps growing back. I'm about ready to quit this shaving thing!! :thwap:

just strum
February 15th, 2009, 06:48 PM
The problem is, no matter how many times we shave, it just keeps growing back. I'm about ready to quit this shaving thing!! :thwap:

Me too

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/swindell.jpg

Kazz
February 15th, 2009, 08:10 PM
heck...I don't even shave on Friday's.....

Shiner.....I seen 3 different types of Shiner at the store today....bock...hefeweizen and a black lager.....good thing beer is not sold on Sunday...I might have had to partake :-)

sumitomo
February 17th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Heck Shiner they have some stuff that would fix that right up,its called Sangre de Drago.Its some sap from a tree it has worked for my bug bites and that direa stuff I drank it about 6,7 drops in water and it worked.Sumi:D

luvmyshiner
February 17th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Heck Shiner they have some stuff that would fix that right up,its called Sangre de Drago.

Hmmmm, think I can pick that up at the Walgreens Sumi?:D

sumitomo
February 18th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I dont think so,this stuff works so good and its cheap,check this out had two fillings done yesterday 25 bucks,unreal.Sumi:D

PAPPY
February 18th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Shiner he said Drago not DRAIN-O so be careful what you get. But then on the other hand it might not hurt to flush your pipes. There are two things you should never pull toward you.....one is a razor sharp knife......

luvmyshiner
February 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM
There are two things you should never pull toward you.....one is a razor sharp knife......

I think I figured out what the second one is Pappy.:thwap: Unless you were talkin' about an ugly woman.:messedup:

PAPPY
February 18th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I think I figured out what the second one is Pappy.:thwap: Unless you were talkin' about an ugly woman.:messedup:
If a small quarter inch cut is all you got then it sure isn't the latter.

Childbride
February 18th, 2009, 09:02 PM
If a small quarter inch cut is all you got then it sure isn't the latter.
;)