PDA

View Full Version : ME50 Question

just strum
February 14th, 2009, 06:48 PM
The digital display keeps flashing a 6 or lower case b, but I can't locate anything in the owners manual about it. I thought it was weak batteries, so I replaced the batteries with new ones (unless my daughter took the new ones and put old ones in the open pack).

So ME50 users, any idea what it might be?

Oh, as a side note. In my early days here we discussed the fact that pedals and boxes don't have on and off switches and couldn't figure out why. Well, I didn't figure it out, but I am happy to report the ME50 has an on and off switch. Just that little bit of information that allows one to sleep better at night.

TS808
February 14th, 2009, 09:27 PM
It could be that the batteries are low....try getting a 9-volt adapter for it and see if that helps at all. Is it doing that both on manual mode and preset mode? If so, it might be the batteries after all, but get a 9-volt adapter though...I did for mine and in the long run it saves getting batteries all the time.

just strum
February 14th, 2009, 09:33 PM
It could be that the batteries are low....try getting a 9-volt adapter for it and see if that helps at all. Is it doing that both on manual mode and preset mode? If so, it might be the batteries after all, but get a 9-volt adapter though...I did for mine and in the long run it saves getting batteries all the time.

I have the adapter on the way, I talked Amazon into giving me a free one. I would guess the batteries, but no where in the manual does it say that the readout would start flashing "b" when the batteries go low.

I'm using the manual, haven't even tried any presets.

wingsdad
February 15th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I'll go with the hunch that's it means low (or loose) batteries.

I run mine on the AC adapter only and the only time I see the lower case b is in the Tuner mode; d & b are l/c, others u/c.

just strum
April 8th, 2009, 02:56 PM
If anyone is interested in an ME50, Amazon has one for $219

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002D0KTG/interactiveda8770-20

TS808
April 8th, 2009, 07:04 PM
If anyone is interested in an ME50, Amazon has one for $219

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002D0KTG/interactiveda8770-20

Did you ever figure out what was happening with your ME-50?

just strum
April 8th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Did you ever figure out what was happening with your ME-50?

Just the battery running down. I use a power pack now, so no issue.

TS808
April 8th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Just the battery running down. I use a power pack now, so no issue.
That's what I do is use the AC adaptor.