PDA

View Full Version : Update to my pedal board - all you can overdrive

Guitar-Chris
February 15th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hello!

I just want to show the update of my pedalboard:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/2949985f99ac96b.jpg

The new one is the good old Boss DS-1. I thoght I would get a very heavy 80's distortion. But with most of my low output guitars, there is a very fine overdrive sound with distortion at 12 o'clock. Chords are resolved very fine so that there is absolut no muddy tone. Ok, I did'nt get what I thought, but this sound fits very good to my playing.

That's one of my problems: I like different distortion sounds: From even breaking up to crunchy rock sounds up to classic lead. So I have to collect distortion pedals on my board :rockon:

In the moment the signal path is:

Guitar -> Bos TU-2 -> Hellabe Wah -> Marshall BB-2 -> Harley Benton OD-100 -> Digitech Bad Monkey -> Marshall Guv'nor Plus -> Bosss DS-1 -> Marshall Regenerator 1 -> Harley Benton Delay DD-2 -> Amp.

I'm thinking of changing the delay to a Boss DD-7 because mine has noch tap-tempo function.

Robert
February 15th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Looks great! Lots of Marshall pedals - kewl! :dude:

Spudman
February 15th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I've always heard Germans were into driving. I guess this confirms it. :D

Guitar-Chris
February 16th, 2009, 05:59 AM
I've always heard Germans were into driving. I guess this confirms it. :D

I guess you're right ;)

Jimi75
February 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Hi Chris,

You can never own enough overdrive and distortion pedals. Your board looks great.

What are those patch cables you use?

Guitar-Chris
February 16th, 2009, 09:47 AM
What are those patch cables you use?

That are CORDIAL CFI with neutrik/REAN 0,15 to 0,6 m long with rectanguluar plugs.

Some mentioned, that they are only half metal shielded at the plug, but I found no problems until now.

Other good patchcable are the Pro Snake Patch Cables (http://www.thomann.de/gb/pro_snake_patch_klinke_winkel_015_m.htm)of Thomann.

Disraeli
February 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM
How do you like the BB-2? I am looking for an overdrive pedal and have been considering this one.

Guitar-Chris
February 18th, 2009, 12:02 PM
How do you like the BB-2?

The BB-2 has two modes:

Boost Mode: Only the volume level has a function. It determines the level of the boost. The boost itself is nearly neutral, slightly pushing midrange. I use it a lot this way, to give a little extra "kick" in the solos when playing nearly clean or with only little overdrive.

Blues mode: You get a bluesy overdrive fom just breaking up to a singing lead sound. It really sounds like a cranked up marshall bluesbraker combo. Think of the sound of AC/DC; you won't get a 80's metal sound out of it.

I like it very much, because you get 2 pedals in one. The metal housing and true bypass is good as well.

Disraeli
February 18th, 2009, 07:40 PM
The BB-2 has two modes:

Boost Mode: Only the volume level has a function. It determines the level of the boost. The boost itself is nearly neutral, slightly pushing midrange. I use it a lot this way, to give a little extra "kick" in the solos when playing nearly clean or with only little overdrive.

Blues mode: You get a bluesy overdrive fom just breaking up to a singing lead sound. It really sounds like a cranked up marshall bluesbraker combo. Think of the sound of AC/DC; you won't get a 80's metal sound out of it.

I like it very much, because you get 2 pedals in one. The metal housing and true bypass is good as well.

Hmm well I wasn't really goin for an AC/DC sound. More along the lines of an early Clapton (bluesbreaker, cream era) So, ill have to keep on researching. Thanks for the info.

Guitar-Chris
February 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Hmm well I wasn't really goin for an AC/DC sound. More along the lines of an early Clapton (bluesbreaker, cream era) So, ill have to keep on researching. Thanks for the info.

Perhaps you have a look at the variety of tones of the BB-2 at the youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRa4VICb7Z8&feature=related).

You can also get the woman tone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBQbPpUqvYo&feature=related)with it. You can hear it at 1:05.

pes_laul
February 21st, 2009, 10:32 AM
you gotta love the DS-1. I see your using the same setting I do. gets a good 80's to 90's grunge sound