PDA

View Full Version : ZOOM A2 acoustic effects

street music
February 15th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I finally got my first chance to experiment with my newest toy, the ZOOM A2 acoustic effects pedal. :bravo: I must say that I waited too long to get one.
I am amazed at this difference in tones, styles and improvements in the effects through my Crate acoustic amp.
I have a Zoom G1X that I've owned since 06 and use it with my electric guitars, so I really should have checked this acoustic pedal sooner. The 12 string effects just makes my Takamine 6 string sound great when I'm chording through Hotel California, then you have the blues slide bottle setting that is fun to play around with , all being new to me I am going to say that for less than $100 you can gain many new sounds for a acoustic-electric if you purchase one of these.

evenkeel
February 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Very much agree!! :bravo:

I've had one for a couple of years. Some of the effects are better than others. 12 string effect sounds pretty good. Reso effects are just ok. The reverb, chorus and 000 tones are particularly good.

One thing I noticed is the volume levels vary a lot. If you play out, particularly with a band or duo, you need to be able to adjust source volume levels to compensate.

tot_Ou_tard
February 16th, 2009, 11:37 AM
How often do you folx from the light side use effects when playing?

Do you sometimes dirty up or compress the piezo output? Do you use chorus or other modulation? Or is the main goal to mimic other types of acoustics.

I've heard some great effected acoustic palying.

evenkeel
February 16th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I have used the various effects in the A2 when playing out. Worked up a cover of the Brian Wilson tune "In my Room" and used the tremolo effect to give it some of that 60's warbly sound. Have also used the chorus and reverb effects. I don't use it when playing a three song open mic set, which is all I've been doing of late.

I was sorting out some issues with the pick up in my Martin 12 the other day. A friend was helping me and he had a compressor pedal. Once we got the pick up sorted we added the compressor for fun. Terrific with the 12. You could get a sort of acoustic version of the Rickenbaker sound.

street music
February 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Since, I just got my pedal last week, I'm having lots of fun right now just getting different tones that I relate to recordings of different artist. I think it has given me new life in some songs that I want to learn.