PDA

View Full Version : Dimarzio?

Cranium
July 14th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Had anyone used dimarzio pickups, Im interested in the virtual vintage solo or solo pro, had anyone used them or any other VV pickups? :)

Robert
July 14th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I just got a pair of Virtual T's for my Tele and I love them!

Cranium
July 14th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Yea I heard on the dimarzio site they have some sounds clips for the tele pups, but I was wondering about the strat pickups, I think Im probably gonna get them even if no one here used em, the description is just so nice for the solo pro...

"The concept for the Virtual Solo Pro™ is a Strat® replacement that cancels hum and performs like a P90. We turned it up a notch with Alnico 2 magnets for more sustain and a warm, woody tone that’s a cross between a violin and a human voice. Big and round-toned with a clean setting, the Virtual Solo Pro™ stays warm with overdrive, and produces great harmonics with high gain amps."

Robert
July 14th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Check out the master of the stratocaster - Scott Henderson -> http://scotthenderson.net/live.htm - on this live album he uses Virtual Vintage 2.2 and he's got a mean tone. I'm getting these pickups for my next strat.

Cranium
July 15th, 2006, 09:28 PM
The VV 2.2 don't really sound that attractive to me, maybe its just my preferences though, I like a really "round" sound, also I really like the Eric Johnson sound, espacialy on his "Cliffs of Dover" video, http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6833529017668510290&q=eric+johnson I love that sound, its so soft and clear.

tremoloman
July 16th, 2006, 07:44 AM
I've got 2 DiMarzio Tone Zone and a Pro Track 2's in my Marilyn Strat. My Flip-Flip Strat has a Tone Zone S. I'm very happy with each pickup for I want them to do for me.

Their customer support is outstanding also. I had one pickup mysteriously die on me a few months ago after 2 years of use. I called DiMarzio and they told me to just ship them the old one. They didn't ask for a reciept or anything. In 4 days with no questions asked, I got a brand new pickup in the mail.

DiMarzio stands by their products and will not hesitate to purchase DiMarzio pickups again in the future.

Tone2TheBone
July 25th, 2006, 03:39 PM
I have 2 Class of 55s in my Strat and will either put in a VV Solo or HS-3 in the bridge. I also have their Virtual Hot PAF in my Gibson. Excellent sounding pickups.

Cranium
July 25th, 2006, 03:58 PM
If you put the solo let me know how it sounds.