PDA

View Full Version : DVM - Ahead of the Curve Once Again...

Bloozcat
February 16th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Well, I got my latest issue of Guitar Player magazine this past Saturday.

In the Gear Bench Test section is a review of the Egnater Rebel-20 written by none other than editor boy himself, Michael Molenda, in which he heaps praise on the Rebel-20 by the snow shovel full. So impressed with the amp after gigging and recording with it for two whole months, Molenda concludes his review by bestowing the coveted Guitar Player Editor Pick Award upon the amp.

Now, as impressive as this all sounds, I just yawned and thought, old news; Duh Voodoo Man has already been there, done that, and informed us all here at thefret...:D

So, here's to Duh Voodoo Man, our own in-house, ahead of the curve, gear maven....:beer: :master: :pancake:

But wait, that's not all. Guitar Player must have already known that Duh Voodoo Man had scooped them on the Rebel-20 review. In apparent homage to DVM, Guitar Player included in this issue as their cover story, an article and interview with Joe Bonamassa.

The April 2009 Guitar Player magazine...henceforth to be known as the DVM issue....:D

duhvoodooman
February 16th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Geez, I gotta run out to the mailbox! Don't have my April issue yet!

(Tomorrow, that is, since this is a freakin' NATIONAL HOLIDAY!! :rolleyes: )

BTW, can't take much credit on the Egnater--bought mine after reading the rave review in Premier Guitar....

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Dec/Egnater_Rebel_20_Review.aspx

Bloozcat
February 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Geez, I gotta run out to the mailbox! Don't have my April issue yet!

(Tomorrow, that is, since this is a freakin' NATIONAL HOLIDAY!! :rolleyes: )

BTW, can't take much credit on the Egnater--bought mine after reading the rave review in Premier Guitar....

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Dec/Egnater_Rebel_20_Review.aspx

Shhhhh.....!

You're just supposed to bow and humbly say; "Thank you, thank you very much", and accept the trophy...:D

I just thought it was all just a little coincidental...struck me as funny.

BTW: As a fan of Joe Bonamassa, you're going to enjoy the article.

duhvoodooman
February 20th, 2009, 08:55 AM
If you can believe it, I still haven't received this new issue, now that you've got my tongue hanging out to read these two articles, BC! Thanks a bunch! :reallymad: ;)

Bloozcat
February 20th, 2009, 10:06 AM
If you can believe it, I still haven't received this new issue, now that you've got my tongue hanging out to read these two articles, BC! Thanks a bunch! :reallymad: ;)

http://www.poolparty.com/quotes/images/2007/04/28/rodney_dangerfield.jpg

I get no respect, I'm tellin' ya!

duhvoodooman
February 20th, 2009, 10:26 AM
One of my favorite Rodney Dangerfield lines:

I get no respect at all. A guy I know recommended this restaurant to me, but as soon as we got there, I knew it was no good. The sign on the door said, "Sorry--We're Open."

Bloozcat
February 20th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Two of my favorites:

It’s been a rough day. I got up this morning.... put on a shirt and a button fell off. I picked up my briefcase and the handle came off. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

One day as I came home early from work ... I saw a guy jogging naked. I said to the guy ... "Hey buddy, why are you doing that?" He said, "Because you came home early."

duhvoodooman
February 20th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Another:

I know I'm ugly. I said to a bartender, "Hey, buddy--make me a Zombie." He said, "Sorry--God beat me to it."