PDA

View Full Version : sorry for the long absense, but here is my demo

Carlström
February 17th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I've been away a long time, been busy with stuff. among other things recording a demo! There is always things one can improve but at some point you have to put the foot down and declare something finished. And that is what i am doing now, my demo is done!!!

Along with the demo i also put out a new homepage for my music: www.tomas-carlstrom.se/music

Gear used (in order of me remembering), all recorded in my apartment:
Wendler eC Trad
Wendler eC Bass
Siggi Braun Custom
Yamaha TRB-4p
Emerald Opus X30
really tight pants for the high harmonies
Godin Artisan with Lundgren pickups
Röde NT1a
Small yellow shakers/eggs
Line6 X3
Dirty 5WTopBoost
Yamaha S80
Yamaha EX5
Proteus 2000
TC electronics preamp
EZ Drummer
carvin 15"100W
tons and tons of time
and probably some other stuff i've forgotten i used

Comments are very welcome
If you like it, feel free to spread my homepage (see above) and share the music that way.

SuperSwede
February 17th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Really nice recordings Tomas! I totally dig "Right For You" but the other tracks sounds great as well.

I wouldnt mind Mr. Lundgrens pickups in my strat, I might have to check out his place in Jönköping sometime.
(are you handy with a soldering iron? then we could fix the pups and have a couple of beers at the bishops arms later ;) )

Carlström
February 17th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Thanks, glad you like it!

Yes Lundgren does great pups...unfortunatly i am worthless with the soldering iron so i'm no help there, but that doesn't stop the beers if you would be in town ;)

SuperSwede
February 17th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Sure thing!

I wonder if he solders the new pups if you buy them directly from him at his workshop? He seems to be a nice fellow and maybe he will join up for Bishops Arms later? :)

Carlström
February 17th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah I'm thinking about having him change the pups and fix the electronics in my Parker, but gotta contact and ask him if he actually is willing to do it first.

marnold
February 17th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Carlstrom! (Sorry, can't figure out how to get the umlaut in there) Long time, no see! I'm enjoying the tracks. "Right for You" seems to have a bit of a Gin Blossoms feel to it. I laughed at your pants-as-an-instrument comment too :)

SuperSwede
February 17th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah I'm thinking about having him change the pups and fix the electronics in my Parker, but gotta contact and ask him if he actually is willing to do it first.

Let me know if he agrees to do it.

johnboymartin
February 18th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Howdy Tomas!

I really like Craters. The upward progression in the chorus is unexpected and cool!

"Right for You" lyrics are quite good. Very insightful, and thoughtful.

Your production values are excellent. Nice sounding everything! I really like the high harmonies.

Keep up the great work!

Johnboy

Carlström
February 19th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks marnold and Johnboy, much appriciated! :D

M29
February 19th, 2009, 05:08 PM
That was awesome Tomas, what a great feel and the recording was very nicely done. The first thing that came to my mind was The Gin Blossoms and I see marnold mentioned it too. I really like the GB and you have your (own) style that has a great feel to it and is pleasant to listen to.

All the Best:rockon:

M

Carlström
February 20th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Thanks, much appriciated! You know i had never heard about GB before until some of you peeps mentioned it when i posted a early version of one of these songs many months back!