PDA

View Full Version : My Rivera/Vox/Zendrive clips here!!

Radioboy950
February 17th, 2009, 03:14 PM
After playing around with some of my newer gear, I'm finally getting around to uploading a couple clips.

In both clips, I'm using the same stock '78 Les Paul Standard, full vol/tone.
Please excuse the mediocre camcorder mic.

In one video, I wanted to demonstrate how well the Vox AD50VT takes a pedal. I'm using the amp's Blackface preset, with a Zendrive. This pedal adds a mild, rich and creamy overdrive that you really can not obtain from the amp itself.
mTb8Fde30lo&feature=channel

The other short clip demos channel 1 (British crunch sounds) on the Rivera Quiana. I really like the versatility of this 2 channel combo.

J4BfbXpmdJ4&feature=channel

duhvoodooman
February 17th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Both clips sound great! I'd kill for one of those Rivera amps. Sweet crunch there.

How much is Hermida getting for those Zendrives these days, anyway?

Radioboy950
February 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Both clips sound great! I'd kill for one of those Rivera amps. Sweet crunch there.

How much is Hermida getting for those Zendrives these days, anyway?

If I remember correctly, the Zen (including shipping) was under $200...took a few weeks to get it.
I like it very much. Doesn't sound anything like my TS overdrive.
The volume and other pedal controls on the Zen are much more responsive.

johnboymartin
February 18th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Howdy radioboy!

Fantastic sounding setups and guitar!

If its coming across on a camcorder mic, it's doing great!

You sound like you are way into customizing with tubes, pedals, high end amps, and fantastic guitars. I'll just go back to my Fender Hot Rod and PodXT and dream a little!

It's great to hear the things you could never afford to buy! Thank you, they sound fantastic!

Johnboy

M29
February 18th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Nice job on the clips. The amphs sound great. Your playing sounds great as well:rockon: Nice equipment and well tuned.:AOK:

Radioboy950
February 18th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys. :beer:
I'm still trying to find the right room volume, mic placement, etc. so the videos come out decent.
And (off topic, sorry) I don't particularly care for iMovie '08 (7.1.4) on my MacBook. I liked some of the earlier versions better.