PDA

View Full Version : Ebay question

Tone2TheBone
February 17th, 2009, 06:56 PM
If an auction doesn't sell and your reserve price wasn't met...you qualify for the second chance offer. Sure ok...but does that allow you to offer the bidders your reserve price? The description is vague when it comes to a reserve price. According to the description it sounds like I have to make an offer to everyone at the highest bidder's amount and that's not very happy. I want to offer my reserve price dangit!

Anyone know?

mcgreggor57
February 17th, 2009, 07:27 PM
If an auction doesn't sell and your reserve price wasn't met...you qualify for the second chance offer. Sure ok...but does that allow you to offer the bidders your reserve price? The description is vague when it comes to a reserve price. According to the description it sounds like I have to make an offer to everyone at the highest bidder's amount and that's not very happy. I want to offer my reserve price dangit!

Anyone know?I believe that's correct. If the bidder wasn't willing to go up to your reserve price during the auction...why would they be willing to pay that much as a second chance?

Tone2TheBone
February 17th, 2009, 07:32 PM
That's why I haven't decided anything yet. I can just relist it later during a better time. I know I'll still have to pay listing fees. Thanks for replying.

Spudman
February 17th, 2009, 07:33 PM
What happens is you offer them the chance to have your item at the highest price that they bid. Nothing more unfortunately. I'd re-list it if I were you if you had several bids and several watchers. That shows there is interest and if it sells the second time you don't pay extra listing fees.

You might edit your description to include more words that would show up when people search using the "check text in auction" function. More people would see your auction then and the eBay police won't get testy about adding words not associated in the main auction heading.

Tone2TheBone
February 17th, 2009, 07:46 PM
What happens is you offer them the chance to have your item at the highest price that they bid. Nothing more unfortunately. I'd re-list it if I were you if you had several bids and several watchers. That shows there is interest and if it sells the second time you don't pay extra listing fees.

You might edit your description to include more words that would show up when people search using the "check text in auction" function. More people would see your auction then and the eBay police won't get testy about adding words not associated in the main auction heading.

Thanks Steve. I think I will wait little longer though cause the item will sell easily during a different time of the year. Guitars can be sold ANYTIME as we all know. This item is specialized. Thanks man.