PDA

View Full Version : Robben Ford tonight!

Radioboy950
February 20th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Heading out tonight to see Robben Ford. :D
I try to catch him whenever he comes around.
Nice 4th row seats in a small performing arts theater.
If I can get a few pics, I'll post em'.

Blaze
February 20th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Oh you ! Lucky boy ...

Enjoy it for me too..

oldguy
February 20th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Have fun.........we enjoyed his show here last summer. Really good musician, dedicated to doing a good job. Didn't like flash photos going off when he was playing, tho, asked the crowd to please stop. Said it distracted him from concentrating on his playing.
Naturally the a$$holes in the crowd wouldn't, so he was pretty pi$$ed by the end of the show. Despite that, he gave a great performance.
I kinda admired him for not just walking off the stage after he'd asked more than once, "please don't do that"..............

Robert
February 20th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Camera with Flash should be prohibited at any gigs.

Robben Ford is always amazing, live or in the studio. You will have a great time there, I predict! :) I am jealous.

Jimi75
February 20th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Saw him live once. Be prepared to be very frustrated with your guitarplaying abilities after having seen Robben :rotflmao:

Radioboy950
February 20th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Saw him live once. Be prepared to be very frustrated with your guitarplaying abilities after having seen Robben :rotflmao:

Indeed, he is the man!

And, no he doesn't care much for camera flash, but he's usually quite approachable afterward. I also want to snap a few shots of his stage rig beforehand.

Gosh, I hope it works out.

tot_Ou_tard
February 21st, 2009, 09:50 AM
Dang that's cool.

Jorma ain't no slouch either.

Radioboy950
February 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Dang that's cool.

Jorma ain't no slouch either.

Jorma did a nice acoustic solo set, but I thought his best stuff was an electric jam with Robben and Ruthie Foster. Man, they sounded great together.

Ruthie opened the night. She was an absolute joy! Nice guitar chops and a voice that blew us away. Jorma followed. Then Robben played with a trio (his nephew on drums).

Robben played the Tele all night, but there was also a semi hollow on a stand which remained on touched), and a nice LP Gold Top w/P90s, played by Ruthie for a couple numbers.

Great night.

Blaze
February 21st, 2009, 01:00 PM
Pictures ?????

Spudman
February 21st, 2009, 01:40 PM
My question is "how is your hearing?" I've heard he's loud and you were 4th row so MAYBE I SHOULD TYPE LOUDER TODAY.:D

Radioboy950
February 21st, 2009, 02:08 PM
Pictures ?????

I regret to admit...I'm a total failure.
No good opportunity for pics.