PDA

View Full Version : My Guitar Idol 09 entry video

Jimi75
February 20th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hi folks,

I've told you...I'm gonna do it...pure musical suicide...all these brilliant musicians and then J75 among them...poor me! :whatever:

I didn't plan my take that much, because I wanted to play as natural as possible. I felt that composing too much and watching the other guys too long changes the way I usually play. This is as honest as it can be from my side with the supplied BT. Please excuse little quirky playing mistakes, but it's live - no overdubs. I have decided to post this video the way it is, because it felt "real".

If you guys would support me with your vote (you can vote from february,23 on if yo are registered) that would be simply awesome. I hope more of us Fretters participate. You got my vote - sure thing.

2WgPtWoYQYU&feature=channel_page

Robert
February 20th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Great job Jimi! Are you submitting this in the blues category? You sound like a pro shredder, dude. Your technique blows mine away.

What backing track did you use?

warren0728
February 20th, 2009, 04:19 PM
sounds really good jimi....good luck!

Jimi75
February 20th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Great job Jimi! Are you submitting this in the blues category? You sound like a pro shredder, dude. Your technique blows mine away.

What backing track did you use?

Thank you very much!!! :master:
I submitted in "Rock" with an official Guitar Idol BT that you can download on their site.

Blaze
February 20th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Great Job Jim , good luck on a nice project ,you have my vote ...

just strum
February 20th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Very nice. I like your natural approach that you took. I'll be voting for you.

Many :AOK:

tjcurtin1
February 20th, 2009, 05:18 PM
WOw! Go, man! Really impressive and I like the improvisatory tack you took. My only thought (jnot knowing much about these things); do visual production values make any difference for submissions? Even if they day they don't, don't underestimate the psychological factor of decent visuals - unless of course, you're only submitting the audio. Best of luck!

sunvalleylaw
February 20th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I really like that Jimi! I will go vote for you. I like it raw and with feeling. Hopefully some judges will feel the same!

Lev
February 21st, 2009, 02:44 AM
Wow, that's really great. You have my vote!!
Do you have a link to your video on the guitar idol site? I can't seem to find it.

BTW: Mickey Walsh? are you Irish?

bigoldron
February 21st, 2009, 08:59 AM
Dude! You got my vote!

scgmhawk
February 21st, 2009, 09:15 AM
That was great, Jimi/Mickey! I have to go practice now!:beer:

Jimi75
February 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Wow, that's really great. You have my vote!!
Do you have a link to your video on the guitar idol site? I can't seem to find it.

BTW: Mickey Walsh? are you Irish?

The video will be up on 23.02.09, because then the 3rd heat will start. Before you can't vote nor see it. I have posted the link in the youtube text of my video.

BTW: I am not Irish...that name is just an ALIAS....but hey I was in Cork many many years ago for three days.

tot_Ou_tard
February 22nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Just jaw-droppingly amazing Jimi!

You've got my vote.

You should get a new videocam, that one is pretty dark.