PDA

View Full Version : Izzit chintzy/lazy of me... ?

Brian Krashpad
February 20th, 2009, 03:33 PM
To bring my cheapo guitars/basses to a party a buddy is throwing? I'm backlining a jam setup at his house. He has the house, a drum kit, and some keyboards.

I'm bringing everything else.

The backline/PA gear is pretty decent, given what I have to work with, except, I can't bring myself to load up my old 4x10 columns for the vocals. It's just too much work. I have some 1x10 monitors with horns I'ma use for mains. The guitars/bass/keys will all be through either a 2x12 or 2x10.

I can trust these guys with my more expensive gear, because I've known them for decades, but in a party sitch, I can't trust drunk people not to trip over a decent Les Paul, Ric, or Hamer. So, I'll bring a Tele and a batch of other bolt-neck guitars that didn't cost me much.

Is that so wrong?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

luvmyshiner
February 20th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Not a damn thing wrong with it Krash. I wouldn't want my expensive gear within stumbling distance of a bunch of drunks (and I include myself in that group:D ).

Brian Krashpad
February 20th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Not a damn thing wrong with it Krash. I wouldn't want my expensive gear within stumbling distance of a bunch of drunks (and I include myself in that group:D ).

Exactamundo.

One of the people I'm protecting my better gear from could very well be myself.

:D

oldguy
February 20th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Back in the weekend warrior days I had things broken by drunks..........

leave your nice things at home.

evenkeel
February 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Err on the side of caution. Besides, will the drunks even know the difference? :D

Rocket
February 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Take the worry out of life... insure yer gear!

tjcurtin1
February 20th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Even if they don't trip on anything, there will be the greasy-chicken-leg fingers or sloshed-beer-on-your-gear for sure... you have the right idea - you can always tell them about all the GOOD stuff that you have (safely) at home...

Brian Krashpad
February 20th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Err on the side of caution. Besides, will the drunks even know the difference? :D

No, except maybe for the drunk guitarists.

In the population of club-goers, we're a talking a per cent of a per cent.

Even less at a party.

sunvalleylaw
February 20th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Isn't that one of the points of owning some decent cheaper gear? I say go for it. :AOK:

wingsdad
February 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM
That's why they're called 'beaters'.

bigoldron
February 22nd, 2009, 07:53 AM
That's why they're called 'beaters'.

:AOK: