PDA

View Full Version : Has your burgundy mist faded to copper too?

msteeln
February 21st, 2009, 07:44 PM
A friend pulled his '99 MIM Custom out the other day, and it has now changed from burgundy mist to copper!

I didn't think the newer paint jobs used by Fender would do such a radical fade, if any, and in such a short time. It was still purple a year or two ago, always in the case, and closet.

Fortunately, it still looks good in it's new shade. But bm is such a classic beauty. BTW, the neck is highly flamed/tiger striped(!).
Will it stay there, or continue to change? And to what?

Spudman
February 21st, 2009, 09:23 PM
Pics?

msteeln
February 22nd, 2009, 08:06 PM
...we're just hicks from the Pacific sticks, and I'd be surprised if we even have a digital camera. But, I'll ask.

Found it to be pretty odd, tho, and maybe it's merely an anomaly.

just strum
February 23rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
...we're just hicks from the Pacific sticks, and I'd be surprised if we even have a digital camera. But, I'll ask.

Found it to be pretty odd, tho, and maybe it's merely an anomaly.

The Pacific has hicks? What is a Pacific hick, one that can only drive a Lexus?

tot_Ou_tard
February 23rd, 2009, 06:08 PM
The Pacific has hicks? What is a Pacific hick, one that can only drive a Lexus? The West Coast is very long & not just LA, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Santa Barbara, & Portland.

If you allow yourself to go some miles inland, then there are plenty of sticks about.

They take away your Lexus when you leave the cities.

msteeln
February 23rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
The Pacific has hicks? What is a Pacific hick, one that can only drive a Lexus?

I'm talkin' middle of the Pacific, gentlemen, where we have the slowest internet speed in the entire world.

Hard to believe, I'm sure, but there are still some of us left in 'merica that don't own computers and digital fib-fab. But we're kinda trying. A Roland MicroCube RX is a start, eh?

Now, really, has anyone had their burgundy mist fade on them?

Brian Krashpad
February 25th, 2009, 12:49 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/419396776_8ba65ee8cc.jpg

I have a non-Fender burgundy mist guitar, a Brownsville Choirboy. It hasn't faded, but sfaik is probably only 5-10 years old.