PDA

View Full Version : I'm in need of a humbucker...

thekiwidisciple
February 22nd, 2009, 07:20 AM
...in a single coil size! It needs to be a Strat pickup, but it's going in a Telecaster.

I want something fat and warm with a fair bit of bite, but not getting in to metal territory! I've been looking at the Duncan JB Jr and the Duncan Hot Rails. I'm not sure, so I'd quite like some suggestions!

Thanks.

just strum
February 22nd, 2009, 07:25 AM
...in a single coil size! It needs to be a Strat pickup, but it's going in a Telecaster.

I want something fat and warm with a fair bit of bite, but not getting in to metal territory! I've been looking at the Duncan JB Jr and the Duncan Hot Rails. I'm not sure, so I'd quite like some suggestions!

Thanks.

I don't recall if they have what you are looking for, but also check DiMarzio. I had to get pick ups for replacing P90's and they had a nice replacement that I ended up getting.

thekiwidisciple
February 22nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
I've had a look at DiMarzio's Pickup Picker, and it spat out a Super Distortion. But I've always had the impression that DiMarzio's are for super-rockers who like headbanging lol.

thekiwidisciple
February 22nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
BTW, I'm probably going to be putting Suhr V60LPs in the Neck and Middle positions.

just strum
February 22nd, 2009, 07:43 AM
But I've always had the impression that DiMarzio's are for super-rockers who like headbanging lol.

Hmm, well I sure don't fit that description, except when I can't achieve a lesson - then I do some headbanging of a different sort.

Let us know what you decide to get.

thekiwidisciple
February 22nd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Bwahaha, that's funny.

I'll definitely let you know. The guitar my guitar is modelled off has V60LPs and a Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge.