PDA

View Full Version : Review Cool Cat Tremolo by Danelectro

Jimi75
February 23rd, 2009, 05:02 AM
My CC Trem has arrived and yesterday I had the chance to check it for the first time. The pedal looks and feels road worthy, the design looks cool! Already liked the form of this pedal for the FAB series.

My first impressions:

The pedal is exactly what I was looking for. Didn't want to spend hell of an amount of money for a tremolo effect. This pedal sounds AWESOME for its price. I was surprised how detailled you can dial in the different sounds and settings. The potis react very exact. You can chose between soft and hard mode, hard mode is the popular stutter, soft mode is more of a wobbeling sound, the sound you know from country and blues ballads. Furthermore you can dial in depth and of course speed. No matter how you set the potis, everything that comes out of this pedal sounds great. It is a very warm sounding pedal. The knobs are very accesible which is important for live situations, if you have to adjust speed or depth. Also the battery case is very accesible. This pedal comes with a battery already. Very good! I like having the battery already ready at hand with the device.

True bypass? YES! In bypass mode I couldn't detect any colouring of the sound. Perfect. When you turn this unit on you lose a little tiny bit of volume, but you will only hear this when playing at home. In rehearsal situation you wil not recognize the volume drop. The Tremolo sucks a little bit of treble (only when turned on), which comforts the sound in my eyes. All this I rate "normal" side effects for a Tremolo.

Of course you can get stutter sounds, spy agent movie sounds etc.

I am happy that I safed the money that I initially wanted to spend for the Fulltone Supa Trem.

For its price you can not beat the CC Trem.
I am very content and I look forward to exploring tremolo land with this pedal!

J75