PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Idol - Michael Kelly Patriot Shadow and the Marshall JVM410H

Robert
February 24th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Got the backing track from Guitar Idol.

Vote for my entry!
http://www.guitaridol.tv/heat_3/entry/need_more_love

The camera went wonky and had trouble focusing. I also screwed up in a few spots as you can hear. It sure is a different sound than my strat tone though. Fun to have options for tone. :)

bRXQg7ZQ79w

Blaze
February 24th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I think the vid does nt work Rob ...

Ch0jin
February 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Played fine for me :)

That sounds great Robert! I did notice one little stumble though, so if thats a concern for you, maybe record a take 2 for submission, but overall I thought it was great playing and suited the BT well. There are certainly a few little tricks in there I'd like to learn thats for sure!

tjcurtin1
February 24th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I don't know, Robert. It didn't seem to have your usual verve and inventiveness, and I thought the tone was thin somehow (compared with your customary rich, juicy tone). I hope you don't mind my saying so, only because your playing almost always blows me away. Maybe you should try something on the Suhr.... I think maybe you're more at home with the single coil sound.

Spudman
February 24th, 2009, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't enter it if I were you. I know you can smoke a lot of guys entered in that competition and that video doesn't demonstrate it. If you are serious about it I would definitely do another video. :dude:

So...was that coil tapped or full humbucking?

Jimi75
February 25th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Hello Robert, the amp sounds so darn good! The sound is much richer than in the other videos - and I think this is not only because of the humbucker equipped guitar. Such a smooth overdrive, mmmhh, great, great, great!

Regarding entering Guitar Idol. YOU SHOULD ENTER THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING ALL THE TIME!

But please go an re-record the video with the Suhr. The video is okay and the BT suits your playing perfectly, but you can do so much better. Doing much better doesn't mean to shred more or to play faster, but get that typical Renman style down for the Guitar Idol ENTRY, unfortunately this lacks a little bit in the video. I have seen all contestants and Robert, you got what it takes! :AOK:

Jimi

Robert
February 25th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Well, I was trying for a solo with some feeling and not show-off stuff. I found it hard to play over a slow blues; I haven't done that very much.
There are some many fast guys on that site already. I know it isn't my best playing, a few clams, but I was sick when I recorded it and my left hand was sore, etc. Excuses, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the honesty.

sunvalleylaw
February 25th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I thought there were some really good ideas and playing in there Robert. I think you should do this thing. I do think you should re-record your ideas, and use your Suhr for it, as it is your more natural sound, and I bet it will sound great with the amph. It is interesting to know you were sick, and not feeling your best, as you did not display your normal mojo. I am not saying it was bad, but if you are going to submit an entry to the contest, you should submit one that shows your best. I think you should pursue the project. I would love to see it!

Robert
February 25th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I don't have time to do a new one, so I submitted it anyway! :)

Jimi75
February 25th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I don't have time to do a new one, so I submitted it anyway! :)

Link to your video?

Robert
February 25th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Entry here -
http://www.guitaridol.tv/heat_3/entry/need_more_love

GREENMACHINE
February 25th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I voted for ya Robert

FrankAxtell
February 26th, 2009, 07:12 AM
You go for it Robert...best of luck!:AOK: