PDA

View Full Version : Video clip - my new DiMarzio Virtual T pickups

Robert
July 16th, 2006, 09:25 PM
http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-18.php

This clip is with my Squier Tele through my Reverend Hellhound on clean setting with a MXR Micro Amp.

Hope you can tell how nice these pickups are! I am very impressed by them. Twang, blues, shred - you name it - they can do it.

Spudman
July 16th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Vewy nwice you wrascal. The bridge cuts but isn't too shrill and the neck has a nice clear full bottom.
How's the hum?

Cranium
July 17th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Virtual T are humless, I like the sound alot, Im not much of a clean player but still nice...

Robert
July 17th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks guys! How's the hum? There is none! Hehe!

My tele became a totally new guitar after pickup swap. I've played American Fender Tele's, and I tell you mine is now better.

marnold
July 17th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Wow! Most impressive. I'm particularly impressed with the neck pickup--no mud at all. VERY clear. Hmmm. I may have to rethink my pickup selection for my Model 7. The middle position gave some pseudo-SRV tones that I'm looking for.

SuperSwede
July 17th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Very nice Robert! I really liked the neck pickup, seems to have a lot of definition and still has a fat sound.

Robert
July 17th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Yes, the neck pickup is pretty amazing compared to what I had. And the bridge pup is nice and snappy but doesn't force me to turn down the tone knob all the time. I am very happy with these pups - I cannot recommend them enough!

Guitar-Chris
July 17th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Yes, the neck pickup is pretty amazing compared to what I had. And the bridge pup is nice and snappy but doesn't force me to turn down the tone knob all the time. I am very happy with these pups - I cannot recommend them enough!

So, I think this will be the next Squier - The Squier Tele "Robert Renman Signature" Model.:)

Great :cool:

Robert
July 17th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Haha, now that I could live with!

Thanks Chris!

marnold
July 20th, 2006, 08:33 AM
From reading the instructions for those pickups it seems that you can "tap" them so that they will run in non-hum-cancelling mode. Have you tried that? Would it be worth it? Since I'm going to be ripping all of the hardware out of my guitar anyway, it would be a small matter to install pots with push-pull switches in them.

Robert
July 20th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I saw that too, but I didn't try it. If I could install a push-pull that could turn the hum-canceling feature on and off, that would be cool. Not sure how to do that though.