PDA

View Full Version : Hiatt & Sweet

Pickngrin
February 26th, 2009, 07:14 AM
The vocals on this aren't spot-on, but I've always loved this song and really dug this when it was first aired...and still do.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wDZ7H_Jsh0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wDZ7H_Jsh0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Robert
February 26th, 2009, 08:21 AM
First time I've heard Hiatt being that much off on the vocals. He can sing really high, but I guess he has off-nights too. Sweet sang sweet though. :)

Jipes
February 26th, 2009, 08:25 AM
John Hiatt is way up in my favorite songwriter list together with Tom Waits and Chris Whitley :AOK:

My favorite album from him is "Bring the Family" with the legendary Ry Cooder :master:

tjcurtin1
February 26th, 2009, 07:20 PM
John Hiatt is way up in my favorite songwriter list together with Tom Waits and Chris Whitley :AOK:

My favorite album from him is "Bring the Family" with the legendary Ry Cooder :master:

+1 - I love Slow Turning, too. Jipes, if you like Hiatt and Cooder together, you must get their CD 'Little Village' (name of the group and also I think the CD - but they only made this one CD under this group name).

Pickngrin
February 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM
+1 - I love Slow Turning, too. Jipes, if you like Hiatt and Cooder together, you must get their CD 'Little Village' (name of the group and also I think the CD - but they only made this one CD under this group name).

Little Village is good stuff!

Jipes
February 27th, 2009, 03:38 AM

I do :D I have most of Ry Cooder CD's (except My name is Buddy) and most of Hiatt's CD's I am a die hard fan of thoses two gentlemen :AOK:

evenkeel
February 27th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Great clip. I'm a big, big Hiatt fan. Have seen John live 4-5 times. Solo, with a band, always good. Sweet I don't know as much about but the pairing is really good.