PDA

View Full Version : Hello from London

18 till I die
February 27th, 2009, 04:02 PM
58 years old been a rock lover all my life, picked up a guitsr for the first time 8 months ago and have been feeling the pain and frustration ever since :) but i love it.

Still attend lots of gigs and festivals, saw The Cure last night and will be seeing Springsteen, Bloc Party and attending the V Festival this year.

I like punk, blues and rock

My favourite bands are Primal Scream, Muse, Green Day, Offspring and Weller, not really into metal but really like System of a Down

Robert
February 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Helloooooooo, London!

Rock on!

guitartango
February 27th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hello from Cambridge

markb
February 27th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Hi from a londoner down under.

oldguy
February 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Welcome to TheFret!:)

thearabianmage
February 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Hello - another Londoner! Which part of London do you live in? I'm in East Finchley.

Anyways, welcome to The Fret!

18 till I die
February 28th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Hi Mage, I live in Chadwell Heath, near to Romford. I know your area quite well as my job as surveyor takes me all over North London

thearabianmage
February 28th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Hi Mage, I live in Chadwell Heath, near to Romford. I know your area quite well as my job as surveyor takes me all over North London

My flatmate is from around that area. I've never been that far east yet, myself. London's a big place though. . . Especially for an American from Somerset :D

tot_Ou_tard
February 28th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Welcome!

I'm a longtime Modfather fan. You don't hear about Weller as much in the States as you do in the UK.

Childbride
March 1st, 2009, 02:20 PM
welcome! :D

saw the Cure here way back in [... disintegration tour, think...] '91?

awesome gig. how were they the other night?

scgmhawk
March 2nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Cheers and Welcome! :beer:

Brian Krashpad
March 4th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Welcome mate.

Glad to hear someone older than I still getting out and about.

Viking Power
March 5th, 2009, 02:37 PM
58 years old been a rock lover all my life, picked up a guitsr for the first time 8 months ago and have been feeling the pain and frustration ever since :) but i love it.

Still attend lots of gigs and festivals, saw The Cure last night and will be seeing Springsteen, Bloc Party and attending the V Festival this year.

I like punk, blues and rock

My favourite bands are Primal Scream, Muse, Green Day, Offspring and Weller, not really into metal but really like System of a Down

'Allo Guvna! God save the Queen!

Ok, I know, bad English accent:spank:!

Any way, welcome from a fellow beginner in Seatlle, Washington, USA.

You and I have some similar musical interests. Cool!:dude:

guitartango
March 5th, 2009, 04:19 PM

Long live the Jam !

ibanezjunkie
April 27th, 2009, 01:38 PM
haaa i wish i lived in london.

unfortunately i like about 30 miles from it.

Hertfordshire really sucks.

ragnarpk
April 27th, 2009, 03:25 PM
welcome welcome.. some unusual bands for a 58 year old, green day and muse etc, but there ain't nothin wrong with having good taste :D

enjoy the fret!

bigG
April 28th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Good on ya, 18! Welcome aboard! I'm also 58. We old rockers never die, eh!:beer: