PDA

View Full Version : Job ever suck?- CodeMonkey-Jonathan Coulton

oldguy
February 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
You don't have to be a codemonkey to get this.

Solo acoustic version.

j4TnhemCEmc

Proper studio version with cool video animation.

v4Wy7gRGgeA&feature=related

oldguy
March 30th, 2009, 08:45 AM
After reading Robert's "New World Record" thread I decided to give some more info on this........ Coulton had a "thing a week" agenda I found interesting. No travel involved, I assume, but an admirable task nonetheless.
Quote from the Youtube "more info" sidebar.........

"This is a music video about the life of the common lowlands code monkey.

Jonathan Coulton is a singer/songwriter who releases his songs via the Creative Commons license, which enables projects such as this video. Through his "Thing A Week" podcast, Jonathan has put out a clever, creative song like this one every week for a year.

Mike Spiff Booth is a Program Manager at Adobe who though this great song really deserved a video.

Before you ask, since apes, goblins, and night elf receptionists don't tend to interact much in the wild, I couldn't only use captured game footage to make this video. Every frame of this video was composited together by hand using images captured from the WoW Model Viewer, WoW Map Viewer, and the World of Warcraft game itself.

No monkeys were harmed in the making of this film.

Please visit www.spiffworld.com for more information about my videos, including info about how I make them.

The song at the end of the video is "Big Bad World One", another great Jonathan Coulton song."

warren0728
March 30th, 2009, 01:13 PM
2lLRBiEBRAc