PDA

View Full Version : The official pics o' members thread...

Katastrophe
July 18th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Robert and Tremoloman have their pics as their avatars, and we've seen the SuperSwede in a prior post. Tim, Warren, and Iago have posted their faces in prior threads. I thought it might be nice to have a one thread where new members could put a face with the name of our fellow Fretters.

I was working a second job at a car show this past weekend, and came upon a real nice group of folks that call themselves The Donut Gang. It's a group of members that all have classic, pre-1973 cars that they've modified, and they look cool! Anyway, we had a great time in the near 100 degree (Fahrenheit) heat, and they helped make the job go by faster. We took a pic before I left, and they posted it on their website, www.donutgang.com , under "events." It's my first picture on the net... I'm the one wearing long pants.

http://www.donutgang.com/2006%20Lockhart%20Show/Oval-show-and-shine.gif

There's more than a little irony there, ya think?;)

SuperSwede
July 18th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Nice photo, I bet you were having just a little g.a.s. for one of those cars :)

Tim
July 18th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Cool photo ... Cool site. Now about wearing all black when it is over 100 degrees temperature. They just don't go together.

Good idea Kat. Everyone should take a picture of yourself holding or playing your favorite guitar (or by someone else if you can do both).

warren0728
July 18th, 2006, 04:10 AM
how come you messed up a picture of what appears to be a beautiful truck....looks to be the same year as mine...putting all those do"nuts" in front of it. :D

checked out the website...man some great carsv and trucks there....of course i love the 55 ford f-100 truck (mine is a 54 which is the same truck only the grill is different) and i have always wanted a 41 willys coupe...sweet!!
oh yeah...to keep on topic....here is a pic of me with my new les paul.

http://warrenworld.com/lp/lp-5.jpg

Robert
July 18th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Here's a future fretter (she hasn't learned to type yet)

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/uploads2/amalia-lead-guitar.jpg

Katastrophe
July 18th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Cool photo ... Cool site. Now about wearing all black when it is over 100 degrees temperature. They just don't go together.

The uniform is actually Navy Blue, but it's just as hot, not to mention the vest and undershirt I was wearing. I had the option of wearing approved shorts, but it just don't look right on me, kinda like a bowling ball propped up by two toothpicks. :D
Warren - Those guys knew their way around cars, that's for sure... Also there was an *all original* late 30's car, with 88,000 miles and the original upholstery!

Robert - I see you're training the future Fretter right! Time for a mini-SX soon.

SuperSwede - GAS for the cars....LMAO!:D Yep, there was a '69 Mustang Mach 1 that had the prettiest deep red flake paint job, and some '28 - '32 style Ford coupes that I wouldn't mind owning, not to mention the beautiful '23 T-bucket that was there!

tremoloman
July 18th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I'll post a few shots of my ugly mug when I get home. Be sure to make your eye doctor appointments!

duhvoodooman
July 18th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Here's one of me from a few years ago, when I was going through my "duhvoodoomariachi" phase....

(Yeah, I wish....)

SuperSwede
July 18th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Here is another future fretter

marnold
July 18th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Here's me with my two oldest children from two years ago. I look basically the same, just ever-so-slightly grayer. This was taken at my homebrew club's annual summer picnic.

kerc
July 19th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Here I am playing my Tele, when it had the pearloid 'guard... :D