PDA

View Full Version : Mix of Virtuoso & Clown

Blaze
February 28th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I can t help it this guy Greg Koch is my top# 1 lately ..
He is a funny dude & man ! he can play guitar..
Here he is doing his thing before diving in some Jimi Page classic runs ...:bravo: :bravo:

jQQIT4SJHpY&feature

Gil Janus
February 28th, 2009, 08:09 AM
He's really good. This demo/ad for the Fender Band-Master is so good.

Djl2s0RVo5M

Here he's at a clinic - he can play and make more guitar faces per minute than most people.

D9yyL9EC8Kw

Gil :cool:

marnold
February 28th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Gee, how'd I know you were talking about Greg Koch before I even clicked on the link?

The most impressive thing for me is the "countrification" of Stairway to Heaven. Being able to do a song in another genre that a) sounds like the original but still b) sounds completely at home in the new genre is very interesting to me.

Spudman
February 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
If you go to Greg's web site you can download enough free songs to have more than an albums worth of material. I always love it when his songs come up on my MP3 in random mode.

Blaze
March 3rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
The clown strikes again on the VG Sratocaster ...

7oOaxufUo2g&feature

duhvoodooman
March 3rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
I love Greg! Tremendous player and a funny, funny man. I have a couple of his CD's--great stuff. He does a lot of instructional video stuff, too. Here's one of my favorites:

4NO9raLftYQ

thearabianmage
March 3rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
A most excellent plank spanker - though I can't help but wonder how his last name is pronounced. . .

duhvoodooman
March 3rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
A most excellent plank spanker - though I can't help but wonder how his last name is pronounced. . .
As he is always quick to point out, "rhymes with chalk".

M29
March 3rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Greg is awesome! I have some of his instructional DVD's and he is an excellent teacher, they have helped me tremendously. I keep going back to them all the time, there is so much on each DVD they will keep me in licks for years. He plays it all and does it oh so well. I wish he would do a southern rock dvd and also a Peter Green dvd, that would be sweet and I would be in heaven. :rockon:

duhvoodooman
March 3rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
....I wish he would do a southern rock dvd and also a Peter Green dvd, that would be sweet and I would be in heaven. :rockon:
Well, he did have an instructional video on several Lynyrd Skynyrd tunes, but it's no longer available. But this is still posted on YouTube:

iRzOZVU4r0s