PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Nashville Tele

duhvoodooman
July 18th, 2006, 10:16 AM
If this model has been discussed here before, I haven't seen it. In any case, I was at my local GC last night, primarily for the purpose of trying a couple of hollow-bodies (Artcore AFS75, Epi Dot & Sheraton) and couldn't resist trying a couple of Teles that were hanging on the wall. The one that impressed me the most was the MIM Deluxe Nashville model. The pickup layout is different than a standard Tele, sandwiching a Tex-Mex Strat p'up between two Tex-Mex Tele p'ups. The guitar is fitted with vintage style hardware, and has a 5-way "Strat-o-Tone" switch that basically works the same as the 5-way on a standard Strat. Here's a link to a photo of one just like the one I played:

Nashville Tele (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&g=guitar&base_pid=510067&index=6)

Anyway, I played a few licks on it and thought it had a real nice variety of tones on tap. The bridge p'up gives you buckets of classic Tele twang, and the neck p'up sounded true to type, as well. Switch to the middle position, and you'd swear you were strumming on a Strat. Go to the 2nd position (bridge-middle), and you've got the "Strat quack" with a dash of Tele twang--very interesting! The neck (maple on the one I tried) felt and played great. Overall fit and finish were excellent. Didn't try the tuners, so can't comment on those. Price was $549, as I recall--not cheap, but very reasonable for the quality and capability of the instrument.

Just thought I'd pass along my impressions here. Anybody here at the Fret own or played one of these??

SuperSwede
July 18th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I played one recently, great guitar! A bit pricey for a MIM perhaps but the quality seems to be very good.

Iago
November 9th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Great guitar... I know that Warren here played one of those the day we went after a guitar for me. I liked the color a lot too.

ted s
November 10th, 2006, 05:34 AM
She's a beauti, has been on my list for a month or so..

warren0728
November 10th, 2006, 06:31 AM
you are right iago...i did play one and liked it alot...very easy guitar to play!

i went with a more traditional tele when i decided to buy one (the tele at ron's that we both played).

You just can't go wrong with a tele! :DR

ww

Nelskie
November 10th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Ted - If you're soon in the market for a Tele, I'd highly suggest that you check out the G & L ASAT Tribute Series. Although it has the more common two p'up configuration (unlike the Nashville's (3) p'ups), I played the NV as well as several other Fender Teles (incl. several high $$ USA-made guitars) before I bought my G & L, and found the tone on the G & L to be far superior to anything Fender had to offer. The p'ups that come stock on the G & L are (2) USA-made Fullerton models, and they can do it all - country twang to full-blown rock. They're amazing pick-ups. Along with great tone, the build & feel of the G & L ASAT series is fantastic. The guitar simply exudes quality at every angle. The G & L's also come in several traditional finishes, with both all-maple and maple / rosewood necks.

The G & L ASAT (Tribute Series) runs about $80 - $100 less, too - usually around $425 - $450. And that price includes a very spiffy, high-quality G & L gig-bag.

Of course, I completely understand if your heart's set on a Fender. Mine was too . . . before I played a G & L. ;)

ted s
November 10th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up Nelskie, I am going to check that out. All info. is good info.

Highway_61
November 20th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Here's a short clip of me playing a newly acquired Nashville Deluxe (w/ Fishman bridge).

http://www.mediafire.com/?1jnfm4dgpjp

gpower
January 3rd, 2008, 10:58 PM
I was in the market for a Tele and bought a used Nashville, it's fast become my axe of choice if I'm taking a single guitar anywhere.

Algonquin
January 3rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
Very nice! I've just joined the Nashville group and I'm extremely happy to be a member of this small but growing group!

Bucks Owin
January 20th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Have owned many Teles, both Fender and custom built over the last 4 decades. Some were great, some not so great. The "Nashville Power Tele" is the best yet. I saw, I played 15 minutes, I bought!

I've always been torn between Strats and Teles and have had my feedback battles with using an acoustic guitar in a live situation. My worries are over with this axe, it can do it all really well. It can replace three guitars at the gig...

The only gripe I have is the name......I would have preferred "Bakersfield Tele" or "Texecaster" or........The Tele is a "West Coast" guitar IMO and I'm kinda "anti Nashville" anyway I guess!

Great working guitar. Get one. ( even if you have to sell your "Genericaster"....)

FWIW,

Dennis

PS I would have liked a solid maple neck but I can live with the rosewood fingerboard on mine...

BTW, I have no qualms about it being "MIM". I've seen some better attention to setup from Ensenada than the "American" Fenders. Just my luck?

Plank_Spanker
January 20th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Welcome the The Fret, Bucks!

Why don't you come over to the "fret players" and introduce yourself?

There's a lot of good folks here.................:D

Bucks Owin
January 22nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
Welcome the The Fret, Bucks!

Why don't you come over to the "fret players" and introduce yourself?

There's a lot of good folks here.................:D

Thanks Spanker, I'll do that...:AOK:

scottish_bluesman
January 28th, 2008, 04:38 AM
doh just noticed this thread (shows how awake i am this morning)
i will have one of these lovely lil nashvilles in my hands hopefully end of february.

once i do will crank up a vid on youtube with a few riffs
but cannot wait to get it

on note of this model,

i know a small ammount of chicken picking style licks
anyone know any sites of top of their head where i can pick up some more
techniques and runs in this style ?

many thanks

Graham

Bucks Owin
February 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
doh just noticed this thread (shows how awake i am this morning)
i will have one of these lovely lil nashvilles in my hands hopefully end of february.

once i do will crank up a vid on youtube with a few riffs
but cannot wait to get it

on note of this model,

i know a small ammount of chicken picking style licks
anyone know any sites of top of their head where i can pick up some more
techniques and runs in this style ?

many thanks

Graham

Scout around at YouTube......

FWIW,

Dennis

The Wayner
July 21st, 2008, 10:45 AM
I just found this forum and yet to discover all the great things on it. I bought a Deluxe Nashville Tele about seven years ago and I absolutely love it.
I am impressed by the quality and craftsmanship even though it is MIM. I think this is one of the most under rated guitars on the market. I love the tone and sound that I get out of it and the varied combinations from the settings.

I am 56 years old and have owned and played many guitars through the years but this one is my favorite.

mrmudcat
July 21st, 2008, 02:51 PM
Here's a short clip of me playing a newly acquired Nashville Deluxe (w/ Fishman bridge).

http://www.mediafire.com/?1jnfm4dgpjp

I think id get one this way (fishman) but either way would be great.;)