PDA

View Full Version : Tool

pes_laul
February 28th, 2009, 10:08 AM
hglVqACd1C8

I must say I've been really diggin this band lately, they may be a tad bit weird but they have a really hard sound and are all really good musicians

Mr Grumpy
February 28th, 2009, 10:48 AM
My Favourite band ever.......love em. Cant play much of it but I love Adam Jones tone :rockon: . And Danny Carey is my 2nd favourite drummer, after the mighty Neil Peart. Tool are great. Odd, but great

Moshe
March 1st, 2009, 07:25 PM
Yahh...Tool is in my top three with Radiohead and Rush..

My favorite song at the moment.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NU7H3zy__os&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NU7H3zy__os&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The story of the song..
Marie is the middle name of Keenan's deceased mother, Judith Marie Garrison. As Keenan explains in his commentary on A Perfect Circle's aMOTION DVD, she suffered a stroke that left her partially paralyzed and wheelchair-bound. The length of time between the paralysis and her death was 27 years, or approximately 10,000 days.

When I think of this woman going to heaven and demanding her wings it gives me chills...

Ch0jin
March 2nd, 2009, 12:01 AM
Awesome call pes!!

The song you posted is actually one of the songs I want played at my funeral :)

I've seen them a couple of times and have most of their CD's I think and whilst there is some "artistic filler" on their CD's from time to time, there is also some amazing guitar and some fantastic lyrics.

Off the top of my head (in case you haven't heard them yet) make sure you listen to:

From Aenima..
Fourty Six & 2
Hooker with a Penis
Aenima

from Undertow..
Prison Sex (just try and block out the lyrics....eeewwwwww)
Sober (as you posted)
Undertow

The entire Opiate EP.

Man. Back in the 90's everyone I knew had a Tool t-shirt of some kind. Didn't matter if you were a stoner, metal head, punk, grunger or rock kid. Everyone was into Tool.

"All you know about me is what Ive sold you"

Mr Grumpy
March 2nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
DOnt forget the whole of the 'Lateralus' album. Simply awesome.:master:

pes_laul
March 7th, 2009, 11:24 AM
DOnt forget the whole of the 'Lateralus' album. Simply awesome.:master:
cool I just bought that album the other day, all of them are just amazing musicians. SOme of the bass playing is just great.