PDA

View Full Version : McGuinn

evenkeel
February 28th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Last night Mrs. Keel and I caught Roger Mcguinn, solo, at a small venue in Largo, Florida. 350 seat, theatre. Until a few days ago I had no idea he was playing. A friend had extra tickets and asked if we'd like to go. HE** YES!! Third row, just a bit stage right. Unbelievable.

Roger came out playing his 12 string Ric doing "My Back Pages", one of my favorite Byrds tunes. Over the course of the show he used his signature Martin 7 string, a Martin 12, the Ric and even a banjo. The set list covered everything from his folk days with the Limelighters and Chad Mitchell, to the Byrds and his solo stuff. He was charming, told terrifc stories, and his voice and guitar work were wonderful. I was surprised that all the acoustic instruments were played w/o pick up systems. Second mic in front of the soundhole. Terrific sound quality.

The opening act was a terrific local singer/songwriter Rebekah Pulley. She's gotten a bit of local fame and I had never heard her play.

http://www.rebekahpulley.com/

Sometimes a total lack of planning works great.. :D

tot_Ou_tard
February 28th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Very cool Keel!

Monkus
March 1st, 2009, 07:32 AM
the best hangouts are impromptu :bravo: . Glad you had a good time. Followed that Rebecca link, good stuff! :AOK: