PDA

View Full Version : SEVERE G.A.S. problems!!

street music
February 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I have been in my favorite guitar shop , Route 60 music Co in West Virginia today. Huge problems started just as I went through the door. VOX 50VT was screaming from a GretschG6122 that a guy was playing, and then it was just more pulling force than I thought I could with stand as I enjoyed playing two Tele's(1 Fender-1 Squier), then a Danelectro, a Gretsch Automatic, a Takamine, a couple of Strats. Then I just had to remove myself before I took the jump into a new purchase. I'm waiting for one of the new Squiers to arrive that is the 09 Tele Modiied with the mini Humbucker in the neck& Single Stack-Single Stack. I have heard good things about the model put haven't put my hands on one yet. I'm going to Louisville next weekend and see if my GAS is cured or made worse. Has anybody tried one of these new SQuiers??

just strum
February 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I haven't been in a guitar store in a couple of months. There are a few that I could go to at lunch, but the employer has this stupid rule about coming back after lunch.

Good luck with the GAS.

Can't help you on your Squier question, but I can say the last one I owned was very nice for the price and a looker.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/f3c9_1.jpg

markb
February 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
That VM tele (link) (http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0301230505) has been around for a while. The word is that it doesn't match up to the concept. The pickups get particularly bad reports. I'd Budget for GFS replacements if thinking about this guitar. I played one in a shop once and wasn't that impressed with the tone but then I was only playing through a Fender FM combo, not my favourite tone machine either.

street music
February 28th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Mark,
It shows that this was a Jan, 09 release. I haven't been able to find any reviews on this new model, there was a older release that had a HSS setup that had some really poor electronics in them. I am in hope that with the SEymour Duncan designs that this model is much better. I know the Squier Tele that I player today was an 08 model and I can say that it was much better than I had expected it to be.
I have looked at the SX and the Xaviere models on line and checked reviews on them too, along with youtube videos, I'm kinda hung up on which way to go without paying the crazy price that FENDER now demands for the MIM models.
I was blown away by how nice that new VOX VT50 sounds, it appears that VOX has made a big move with the onboard effects.

markb
February 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Strange, the only "new for 09" listing at the Squier site is a left handed strat. Maybe they've just upgraded the pickups in that VM as a result of consumer feedback. The one I linked to has Duncan Designed pickups.
The VOX VT50 is a real step forward from the ADxxVT line. It's possibly why they dropped the Black Diamonds.

street music
February 28th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Mark,

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleSVMSSHOWT/

This is the one with the Cedar body that I have been looking at, that is suppose to have a completely new sound altogether. It may be crap but I'm making my next purchase with extreme caution, as I know there are great guitars and then there are great electronics that make good ones better.