PDA

View Full Version : Kay Lap Steel

tripn
February 28th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Hello,
I have a vintage Kay lap steel that I can't play. I can't match a plug to the old jack on the guitar. It has threads outside and just a contact in the center. I'd like to find either an adaptor or a cable so I can amplify the instrument. Thanks for any help. tripn

Found the cable I needed at Elderly Instruments.com. Would like to find out a model and date on the guitar. Please view the pics and help if possible. Thanks a million, what a great forum!:bravo:

markb
February 28th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hi, tripn. A picture would help a lot. It's possible that kind of connector is still around.

msteeln
February 28th, 2009, 08:10 PM
...www.steelguitarforum.com and get all the answers and links, but..., try asking SGFer Jim Palenscar to make you a cable with a 1/4" plug on the end @ www.stlgitr.com, or get adaptors @ www.elderly.com/accessories/items/MS20.htm, or www.angela.com in the mic section, or Sam Ash maybe still carries them.

$5 get's you into the big wide world of steel guitar fun and info @ www.steelguitarforum.com
There's no need to fret if you play steel guitar!

tripn
March 1st, 2009, 08:42 AM
Really appreciate the quick replies, will take some pics of my steel and post as well as check out the websites. What a great board this is. Tripn:AOK:
Just an update, I got the cable I needed at Elderly Instruments.com. Great place! Thanks again, tripn

PS-Will upload some pics as soon as I resize them.

markb
March 1st, 2009, 01:07 PM
Cheap microphones used to use that connector too. Glad you found it.