PDA

View Full Version : Maybe actual Lynchian tones? (Modded AD30VT content)

marnold
February 28th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Now that I've had my Ragin' Cajun in my AD30VT for a couple of weeks, I think I've at long last stumbled across some George Lynch-like settings from a model I wouldn't have expected: Numetal (aka Dual Rectifier). I can't help but think this would sound like crap with the original speaker. Here's the settings:

My attempt at Lynch Mk 37
Amp: Numetal
Gain: 11:30
Volume: Noon
Treble: 4:00
Middle: 2:00
Bass: Noon
Subtle delay to add some depth
Set the noise reduction as low as you can stand so that harmonics aren't artificially cut off. Mine is set at about 8:30. At that level it doesn't kill the noise entirely, but it reduces it nicely. The CRT and fluorescent light in my office need to be dealt with.

This is as close as I've ever come to a hi-gain Lynch tone. It sounds best with my Screamin' Demon--which makes sense because I was tweaking with that guitar. My Fender's Atomic II makes it somewhat darker. Call it "Lynch on a bender." I'm plugging straight into the amp.

I decided I'd crank it up to almost full power. That's pretty loud when you're four feet in front of the amp in a small room. I expected it to get all trebly and weird. It didn't. It sounded great. I wanted to keep playing that loud. But I also like my hearing and my marriage.

It's now saved as my second channel. I'll keep you posted if I still love it or if I grow to dislike it. I've been listening to tons of Lynch clips and people on YouTube who I thought have a pretty good imitation of his tone. I'm glad I finally found something. Tweaking is fun, but after a point it just gets annoying. I want to play, not fiddle with my amp for all eternity.

just strum
February 28th, 2009, 07:38 PM
First I entered the settings and then I went to youtube (had no clue who George Lynch was). I think you got it pretty close. I can't play like George Lynch, but the sound is there. Of course it's on the right side, so I seldom venture over there where the guitars are too pointy.

BTW, I used the Fender to test drive the settings.

I've been using my AD30VT almost exclusively. I'm having a blast with the combination of the new speaker and the ME50.