PDA

View Full Version : Squier Telecaster,Good Deal Or Not ??

Blaze
March 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Some of you know about this one , is it a good deal with free shipping or better with the Xavier ..

The thing here is that i have these Dimarzio Telecaster Virtual PU on my old Univox , but i ve always want a Honey Blonde style Tele so this is the project have in mind..

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Telecaster-Special?sku=515115

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvsoashtrman.html

just strum
March 1st, 2009, 02:53 PM
It looks interesting, but I would want to test drive.

If you are thinking about it for yourself

*Free Shipping

* Large packages such a P.A. and guitar cabinets may require additional shipping charges, see product description page or shopping cart.
* Valid on most shipments to Lower 48 states.
* Does not apply to orders shipped to Canada.
* Free shipping to APO/FPO addresses limited to 70 lbs. per box and is subject to the same restrictions as domestic deliveries.

markb
March 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM
It looks interesting, but I would want to test drive.

+1. QC on the Squier Affinity guitars can be a lottery.

Blaze
March 1st, 2009, 03:07 PM
* Does not apply to orders shipped to Canada.

I should ve known !!

Oh Canada ..........We need a canuks for online store foum discount here ...

just strum
March 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
I should ve known !!

Oh Canada ..........We need a canuks for online store foum discount here ...

Aren't there any type of on-line stores in Canada that sell gear?

Blaze
March 1st, 2009, 03:42 PM
Aren't there any type of on-line stores in Canada that sell gear?

Yes there are but no SUPPORT TheFret.Net - Buy your guitar stuff at zZounds - guaranteed lowest deal type of store for canadian here..

street music
March 1st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Blazes, I tried 3 of these Squiers yesterday. There are minor differences in each of them, I almost came home with one but I'm waiting to get my hands on the Squier Vintage Modified SSH Tele as it is upgraded from the Affinity series. I hope to try one within the next week and see how it sounds.
The affinity didn't sound much less than the MIM TELE that I tried , playing them through a VOX 50VT. I noticed some fret edges and of course cheap nut on the affinity series but a good setup would make huge differences, I may end up with one if the Vintage Modified doesn't have huge advantages.

just strum
March 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Yes there are but no SUPPORT TheFret.Net - Buy your guitar stuff at zZounds - guaranteed lowest deal type of store for canadian here..

Well, maybe Robert needs to get one of those places for you Canadian folks. There certainly are enough of you here, and I will go out on a limb here and assume you guys aren't the only Canadians playing guitar, eh?

Blaze
March 1st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Well, maybe Robert needs to get one of those places for you Canadian folks. There certainly are enough of you here, and I will go out on a limb here and assume you guys aren't the only Canadians playing guitar, eh?

Ya right , we ll see for the canadian store , but let s get back to my point Squier or Xaviere Honey Blonde to put these Dimarzio virtual PU s..

wingsdad
March 1st, 2009, 07:17 PM
... let s get back to my point Squier or Xaviere Honey Blonde ...

That depends, blazes...do you have a wood preference for the body? Do you prefer alder (the Squier), or would you rather have a nice piece of ash :rolleyes:

Blaze
March 1st, 2009, 07:24 PM
That depends, blazes...do you have a wood preference for the body? Do you prefer alder (the Squier), or would you rather have a nice piece of ash :rolleyes:

My concern is mainly about the neck than the wood framing

wingsdad
March 1st, 2009, 08:46 PM
My concern is mainly about the neck than the wood framing
All kidding aside, I was referring to the difference in tone/sustain between ash and alder bodied guitars, and how that might impact what you get out of those pickups.

Blaze
March 1st, 2009, 09:52 PM
All kidding aside, I was referring to the difference in tone/sustain between ash and alder bodied guitars, and how that might impact what you get out of those pickups.

Yeah, tell me the difference between ash and alder..

The Dimarzio virtual have a lot of output ,much more than the traditionnal tele Pups..

markb
March 1st, 2009, 10:07 PM
Ash = bright, quick attack. Your traditional snappy tele tone aka twang city. Think Nashville.
Alder = a little darker, more mids. A bit smoother, think Memphis.