PDA

View Full Version : Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame Gathering

just strum
March 1st, 2009, 03:23 PM
I mentioned to Ted S the other day about getting together for a visit to the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame and then either set up a lunch or dinner.

I was just thinking that there are others within driving distance that might be interested in joining in. If it would be a one day trip for you, you might want to give it some thought.

It would be a few months away - maybe May or June.

ted s
March 1st, 2009, 03:43 PM
Great idea Mark !

just strum
March 1st, 2009, 04:24 PM
Of course, people from Texas, Florida, other sections of Canada, or any place around the World would be welcome.

http://www.rockhall.com/visit

watch the top video

street music
March 1st, 2009, 07:50 PM
Strum, I would like to make a visit up there, do they have a schedule of upcoming performers. I have seen a few tv shows of concerts on the outside of the building.

just strum
March 2nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
Strum, I would like to make a visit up there, do they have a schedule of upcoming performers. I have seen a few tv shows of concerts on the outside of the building.

I can't find up coming concerts, but what might be even better is going to the R-n-R Hall of Fame and then to The House of Blues.

ted s
March 2nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
'Gonq is an hour or 2 down the road from me,

'Gonq !! you in ?

just strum
March 2nd, 2009, 06:15 PM
'Gonq is an hour or 2 down the road from me,

'Gonq !! you in ?

what's Gonq?

bigoldron
March 2nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
what's Gonq?

I'm thinking he's talking about Algonquin. Sounds like a good trip, but a little too far out of my range. Maybe we'll have to do a Southeast version one of these days. :AOK:

street music
March 2nd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Strum did see the events Calendar?
Mar 27, 2009
B.B. King
House of Blues

I wish I could make that one but, I'll have to pass and maybe watch something else.

Algonquin
March 5th, 2009, 09:17 AM
what's Gonq? Exactly!

Sounds like a lot of fun. Probably a bit more than a one day event driving from my neck of the woods.

duhvoodooman
March 5th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Man, I would love to see the R&R HoF. A bit far to go from Albany, but my business has a couple of key suppliers and one very important customer in the Buffalo area. Maybe I could finagle something in combination w/ a visit there. Strum, how long a drive is it from Buffalo to Cleveland?

And how's chances for an overnighter with a side trip to Cedar Point & maybe catch an Indians game at the Jake in the evening? I mean, if I'm gonna be in that neck of the woods anyway.... :D

just strum
March 5th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Man, I would love to see the R&R HoF. A bit far to go from Albany, but my business has a couple of key suppliers and one very important customer in the Buffalo area. Maybe I could finagle something in combination w/ a visit there. Strum, how long a drive is it from Buffalo to Cleveland?

You are probably looking at 2.5 to 3, depending on time and what part of Buffalo you would be getting on the freeway. From teh west outskirt, it can be done in 2.5.

And how's chances for an overnighter with a side trip to Cedar Point & maybe catch an Indians game at the Jake in the evening? I mean, if I'm gonna be in that neck of the woods anyway.... :D

Or I could just find you a house.

CP is 2 hours away (Northwest end of Ohio). I haven't been there in some time, but it's an all day event. Actually I've never been to the Jake (not a BB fan, or at least not AL), but RnR HoF and a game would be a great day.

duhvoodooman
March 5th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Or I could just find you a house.
Your place will be just fine, I'm sure. BTW, I prefer silk sheets and one of those little chocolates on my pillow at night....

ted s
March 5th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Hey, if Vood's getting silk sheets I want some too !

just strum
March 5th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I'll let my wife in on the "visitors" the night before. "Umm, I have some friends that are spending the night that I have never met, but they all seem like great guys".

I will have to do a background check before you arrive. Send me your personal information and a credit card number just to be safe:D

Guys, I don't have extra beds, but if the floor is adequate for you, bring an inflatable mattress and you are welcome to stay.

duhvoodooman
March 5th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Guys, I don't have extra beds, but if the floor is adequate for you, bring an inflatable mattress and you are welcome to stay.
To adapt a quote from Groucho, I wouldn't stay overnight with anyone foolish enough to consent to have me.... ;)

just strum
March 5th, 2009, 05:05 PM
To adapt a quote from Groucho, I wouldn't stay overnight with anyone foolish enough to consent to have me.... ;)

I give out a neighbors address for these type of things, so it really is no big deal.

ted s
March 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I'll sleep in a cardboard box in your front yard, hows that work ?

just strum
March 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I'll sleep in a cardboard box in your front yard, hows that work ?

That won't be necessary, I cleaned out the shed just before winter set in.

Seriously, if you guys don't want to drive both ways in one day, you are welcome to stay.

Hell, a bunch of old farts sleeping on the family room floor.... Uh, on second thought...

just strum
March 5th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I should also note that the backyard is big enough to accommodate a small space craft, just in case someone from another world is interested in joining in.

bigoldron
March 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM
That won't be necessary, I cleaned out the shed just before winter set in.

Seriously, if you guys don't want to drive both ways in one day, you are welcome to stay.

Hell, a bunch of old farts sleeping on the family room floor.... Uh, on second thought...

I'd serve a big helping of BEANO with supper if I was you! :rotflmao: