PDA

View Full Version : Steve Miller

hagarfreak33
March 2nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Anyone catch Steve Miller on pbs last night?I caught the end but It's going to be on again.

sunvalleylaw
March 2nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
I did not see it, but will see when it will be on again so I can catch it. Spud and I had a fun time when he performed here about a year and a half ago and gave a great concert! It was a benefit for firefighters that worked hard to save my town up here when things were burning. He was vert gracious and generous, and besides that, gave a very professional and good sounding concert. :AOK:

Link to some pics related to the event here:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5078

hagarfreak33
March 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
It's on tonight on CPTV at 9:30 pm eastern-I don't know if the national pbs stations are playing it too.

msteeln
March 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Miller w/Norton Buffalo, and supposedly Joe Cocker in tow, just, or is about to play here in Honolulu, with Jesse Colin Young opening. Best concert ticket in ages for us, but not really enuf to make me go. I'll probably wish I had...

mannydingo
March 29th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I heard his tour is going to go "from Phoenix, Arizona all the way to Tacoma, Philadelphia, Atlanta, L.A."

If you don't get that then you don't know Steve Miller Band music.

sunvalleylaw
March 30th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I did not see it, but will see when it will be on again so I can catch it. Spud and I had a fun time when he performed here about a year and a half ago and gave a great concert! It was a benefit for firefighters that worked hard to save my town up here when things were burning. He was vert gracious and generous, and besides that, gave a very professional and good sounding concert. :AOK:

Link to some pics related to the event here:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5078

It's on tonight on CPTV at 9:30 pm eastern-I don't know if the national pbs stations are playing it too.

I watched it a week or so ago. The concert they aired is indeed from the series of concerts that Spud and I caught in fall '07. Miller and band had just been in Chicago for the show they filmed, and then they played SV for the fire benefit before carrying on with their tour. You could tell they were ready to tour because they were very tight, and the show was extremely professional. And it was very worth seeing, whether you are big fan or not! I had not listened to him in years but was very impressed!:AOK: