PDA

View Full Version : AmpTramp BF/Plexi demo clip

Riley
July 18th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Howdy all. Thought I'd do up a quick demo of my handbuilt AmpTramp BF/Plexi (a.k.a - 'Woody'). So let me go into details about the recording setup, amp and guitar. The amp itself is a 10 watts, class A, 1 - El34 driven(Mullard reissue) with 3-12ax7's(Electro-Harmonix), 12" Weber 1265F (Vintage 30). It has two channels, one is like a blackfaced preamp, the other is like a plexi preamp. each has it's own EQ, preamp volume and master volume. For the guitar I used my SX Mahogany Les Paul copy. This guitar was upgraded with the following. Full out RS Guitarworks Historic LP electronics kit, pots, wire, switch, jack, caps etc. The pickups are Duncan Pearly Gates, covered with aged Nickle covers. I put on a TonePros bridge and an RS lightweight tailpiece, and aged RS knobs. Most of these parts were taken off an old LP Standard I used to own. The guitar is strung with EB Regular Slinky's (10-46's). I did have a EH Holy Grail reverb on the whole time. Miced up the amp close with an SM57 just offset, into a Tascam US-122 interface into my laptop on Adobe Audition 1.5.

Ok I start on the BF channel and start on the bridge pickup. After a while I kick over to the plexi channel on the bridge pup again. You'll hear the middle and neck positions used all through the clip. At the 3 minute mark I kicked on an Analog Man Beano Boost (treble booster). Enjoy. The clip is about 4:30 long or so. Excuse my noodling and clams! LOL!

http://riley-music.com/Music/Guitar%20Stuff/AmpTrampSXDemo.mp3

Here's a shot of the guitar and amp!

http://riley-music.com/Pics/AmpTramp/ATSXRig.jpg

-Peace
-Nate

aeolian
July 18th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Nice tones you get out of that setup. And some great picking too. A little AC/DC (so I can plug in my guitar and amp), and a little Cream (makes the tea taste so much better), life is good.

aeolian

oldguy
July 20th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Riley,
Very nice! Some tasty licks and really good tone. Loved it. Keep on rockin' lil' bro!:D
Glenn

Robert
July 20th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Nice sounds there, great licks. Gives us more! Maybe a clip with single coil guitar?