PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Xaviere 650?

keeffan
March 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
I have had mine for about 9 months now and just can't get into it. Beautiful red sparkle finish and plays like butter, but it just doesn't feel right. ( I guess I'm just a tele boy). I'm thinking of splitting the pups or selling /trading. Opinions?:confused:

blingdogg
March 3rd, 2009, 03:33 PM
I have the xv-600, the semi-hollow Tele with P90s. Monaco yellow, with maple fretboard. I liked it at first when I got it in September but now I hardly play it. I don't know if it's because it's so light, but it feels like a toy to me. Sounds amazing, easy to play, but I just can't like it. I put it up for sale and took the ad down....done that about 5 times now. Maybe I should sell it and get a guitar I'd love instead.

I like Teles but I don't know what the problem is....just something doesn't connect between it and me. Main thing could be that it's too light. I don't like heavy guitars, but this one just weighs nothing and I can't stand that.

kiteman
March 3rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
I like Teles but I don't know what the problem is....just something doesn't connect between it and me. Main thing could be that it's too light. I don't like heavy guitars, but this one just weighs nothing and I can't stand that.

Makes sense. I wouldn't like it either.

keeffan
March 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I hear ya blingdog. I have the XV-620 tele (69 thinline look) and love it. I like the guitar itself, just the HB pups in this one are too dark for my taste. Wish I had gotten the P-90 Tele like yours or the P-90 version of mine. Can't seem to find a buyer/trader though:thwap:

kiteman
March 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I hear ya blingdog. I have the XV-620 tele (69 thinline look) and love it. I like the guitar itself, just the HB pups in this one are too dark for my taste. Wish I had gotten the P-90 Tele like yours or the P-90 version of mine. Can't seem to find a buyer/trader though:thwap:

Buyer for the pups or the guitar?

I was going to suggest swapping to P90s. :)

keeffan
April 5th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Actually for the guitar now. It's up on ebay. Just bought a Parkwood Hybrid, so I gotta rid myself of a couple or wifey will kill me!:whatever: