PDA

View Full Version : THIS is an "emergency"???

oldguy
March 4th, 2009, 07:46 AM
You decide....I'm sure the police don't have anything better to do......
(taken from an AP release)

FORT PIERCE, Fla. - Authorities say a Florida woman called 911 three times after McDonald's employees told her they were out of Chicken McNuggets.

A police report says 27-year-old Fort Pierce resident Latreasa L. Goodman told authorities she paid for a 10-piece last week but was later informed the restaurant had run out.

She says she was refused a refund and told all sales were final. A cashier told police she offered Goodman a larger portion of different food for the same price, but Goodman became irate.

"This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn’t have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don’t want one," Goodman told police, according to The Stuart News. "This is an emergency."

Police say Goodman was cited on a misuse of 911 charge. A current phone listing for Goodman couldn't be found.

A McDonald's spokesman says Goodman should have been given a refund, and she's being sent a gift card for a free meal.

Bloozcat
March 4th, 2009, 09:54 AM
This is especially funny because it happened in the city where I work. Note that I said "where I work" and not, "where I live". I live 20 miles away in an area that is the complete opposite of where I work. .

This is a perfect example of the mentality of the people I have to deal with every day. The city is full of them. Plants have higher IQ's... :messedup:

R_of_G
March 4th, 2009, 10:16 AM
This is a perfect example of the mentality of the people I have to deal with every day. The city is full of them. Plants have higher IQ's... :messedup:

I have found this to be the case throughout much of the state (I live in Tampa). Sadly, a lack of McNuggets is what many Floridians would consider an emergency.

sumitomo
March 4th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Could someome please point out where those McNuggets are located on a chicken?Sumi:D

R_of_G
March 4th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Could someome please point out where those McNuggets are located on a chicken?Sumi:D

If I told you they are only on a rooster would that answer the question?:thwap:

Ch0jin
March 4th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I LoL'd

I was relieved to read she got booked for it too. Who wants to bet the offender was a little more than slightly overweight?

Funny this should be posted today though as only yesterday I was cracking up watching this clip.

19w-iZuPcEE&feature=related

Warning! This will only be funny/interesting for petrol heads! (Or whatever you call them in your respective dialects)

(Also, I can;t figure out how to get youtube clips to embed properly...any tips?)

oldguy
March 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah, that gets asked a lot............here it is.................

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=122530#post122530

Ch0jin
March 4th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks OG :)

ShootTheGlass
March 5th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I laughed like a drain at that clip of the dragster drive through!

There are some classics that have been in the papers here, of non-emergency 999(our version of 911, without being put on hold) calls. Look at the 3rd call on this list http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/7145041.stm