PDA

View Full Version : Waco, Tx Must Be Real Happy!!

piebaldpython
March 5th, 2009, 09:50 AM
The SHINER household (and other Texicans, :D ) must have been celebrating long into the nite yesterday with the news that the COWBOYS gave Terrel Owens his release. :beer:
Doesn't the AIR smell better already?? :rotflmao:

duhvoodooman
March 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
It's shame that such a talented athlete is also such a self-involved bonehead. :rolleyes:

just strum
March 5th, 2009, 11:09 AM
just as long as teh stench doesn't arrive in Cleveland - we have enough already.

The extent of free agency review has been second and third string Jets players.

luvmyshiner
March 5th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I'm actually kinda surprised Pie. As many problems as I had with him personally, I was not as disappointed with his performance last year as I was the year before. And for the most part, he seemed to be more a team player last year. Still . . . I ain't cryin'.:beer:

R_of_G
March 5th, 2009, 12:08 PM
just as long as teh stench doesn't arrive in Cleveland - we have enough already.

The extent of free agency review has been second and third string Jets players.

What'd you expect when you hired Mangini? :rotflmao:
That's the way it always goes, free agents follow their coaches. Of course in Cleveland's case they got a mediocre coach and now will be getting his mediocre players. Good riddance to all of them.

As for T.O., any GM that brings the guy in should have his head examined. Stats are nice, but there isn't a team the guy has played for yet where he hasn't created a huge problem in the locker room. Perhaps I am thinking of a different T.O. than Shiner but I seem to remember him creating all kinds of controversy last year b*tching and moaning about not getting enough plays called his way and then the next week he dropped almost everything that was thrown to him. There were several weeks last season where the story in Dallas was another loss and another set of gripes from T.O. The guy is as talented as can be, but without surgery to remove his voice-box, I wouldn't ever take him on my team.

PAPPY
March 5th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I sure ain't cryin either, Whitten played better ball on one foot than (to)played all year....that's my opinion and you can take it to any Dairy Queen along with a dollar and buy a cup of coffee.

just strum
March 5th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Ditto R of G on TO. If it's a team sport, people like TO only have one thing of interest - themselves. You see it in football, basketball, and football - stat sheet stuffers at the expense of the team.

Oh, for the record, Lerner didn't call me when he hired Mangini. For some reason I was left out of the decision process.

I'll try catching the news tonight to see if maybe he is bringing a Jet or two out of retirement to add that "maturity" to the team.

Unless he is doing something that isn't getting to the press - Browns may give the Lions record a run for the money this year.

R_of_G
March 5th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Oh, for the record, Lerner didn't call me when he hired Mangini. For some reason I was left out of the decision process.

You shouldn't accept such shoddy treatment Strum. March right in there and tell them you want a real coach. One who wouldn't have to win two more games to have a career record of .500:whatever:

wingsdad
March 5th, 2009, 09:19 PM
There's been some noises made among the Giants about bringing Mr. Big Shot, Plaxico Burress back.:eek:

Great. :puke:

If they snagged T.O. they could have an explosive tandem of wideouts.

R_of_G
March 5th, 2009, 10:25 PM
There's been some noises made among the Giants about bringing Mr. Big Shot, Plaxico Burress back.:eek:

Great. :puke:

Plaxico still has to make it past his trial. If he's found guilty, he's looking at a mandatory 3 year sentence, and let's face it, he's guilty. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, Plaxico has yet to be disciplined by the NFL. He was disciplined by the Giants but not the league. I would suspect he's still got suspension time coming if he somehow avoids prison. The Giants should forget Plax and start looking for new WR's in the draft. Maybe they can bring in Marvin Harrison for Eli to throw to. It seemed to work for his brother.

wingsdad
March 6th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Hey, man, I prob'ly should have mentioned: I'm a life-long Giants fan. My post was totally tongue-in-cheek, but I couldn't find the smiley that indicates that intent...unless it's a ;) . The 'we need Plax back' talk was a couple of sour grapes G-men, foolishly wishing the law could be circumvented, grousing about their failure to play out the season without a guy who was/is 'another T.O.'...geez...:thwap: we sure don't need the original article:(

...Maybe they can bring in Marvin Harrison for Eli to throw to. It seemed to work for his brother.
That's the first thing that came to my mind when the Colts let him go...:AOK:

piebaldpython
March 6th, 2009, 09:21 AM
The IGGLES ought to scoop Marvin Harrison up. He would be great for McNabb. Of course, the IGGLES don't exactly do the logical/sensible things either. Harrison is a Philly boy thru and thru (born/raised/played HS ball here prior to college), so he'd be a natural fit here.
On a related front, it was a shame to see Brian Dawkins go. :( Glad to see the Broncos got him.

R_of_G
March 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Hey, man, I prob'ly should have mentioned: I'm a life-long Giants fan. My post was totally tongue-in-cheek, but I couldn't find the smiley that indicates that intent...unless it's a ;)

I thought the sarcasm came through clearly, or maybe I just figured no Giants fan would actually want Plax back. :D

Katastrophe
March 7th, 2009, 12:26 AM
The SHINER household (and other Texicans, :D ) must have been celebrating long into the nite yesterday with the news that the COWBOYS gave Terrel Owens his release. :beer:
Doesn't the AIR smell better already?? :rotflmao:

They may have gotten rid of TO, but they still have Jerry Jones.:thwap:

R_of_G
March 7th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Owens is now a member of the Buffalo Bills. As a fan of another team in the Bills' division, I couldn't be happier. That's one less team to worry about because I am sure they will implode with T.O. in the locker room.

piebaldpython
March 8th, 2009, 08:04 AM
TO is in Buffalo now. This should be fun. Hey Strum, he's getting closer to YOU all the time. :rotflmao: Maybe Mangini will pick him up next year? :D

just strum
March 8th, 2009, 08:08 AM
TO is in Buffalo now. This should be fun. Hey Strum, he's getting closer to YOU all the time. :rotflmao: Maybe Mangini will pick him up next year? :D

Only if Buffalo uses him as a back-up and cuts him at the end of the season.

The Browns are taking the approach of going after back-ups. I think the strategic plan is to lull the opponent to sleep. Hey, it might work, it certainly did with the Browns fan base.